Desperately seeking flexi-schoolers

(2 Posts)
ecoemma Sun 04-Sep-16 19:51:09

Is there anybody out there who currently flexi schools their child/children? I have just applied to my local primary school to flexi-school my son (aged 5) So he will attend on four days and one day a week he will be with me, partaking in Forest school and other outdoor activities. This request has been refused quite bluntly by the local authority and I get the impression that South Lanarkshire has very little requests and understanding of this type of education.

Is there anybody out there who has been through this? I would love some pointers and advice.

I plan to appeal but it would be great to chat to others who have been through the same, or have the same views as me

MadameCumberbatchio Sun 04-Sep-16 21:47:40

I have never met anyone who has this agreed in S Lanarkshire, East Renfrewshire or Glasgow.

Can you look into schools that have gardens? Are you willing to move for the right school?

All of the forestry schools are nurseries anyway so your son would be too old to join, or they provide after school care. Would that not be a better compromise?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now