Local Talk

Help Moving to the Doncaster Area

(5 Posts)
aliny Mon 29-Jul-13 10:33:44

Hi, my DH has a new job north of Doncaster. Can anyone help with towns/villages up to a 30 min commute of this area? Also advice on good schools my DS is 12 and currently at a small High School in Scotland.

We do not know the area at all and any advice/help would be great.

Mumof3wifeof1 Wed 21-Aug-13 16:11:31

Hi D o you want town or rural??
Good secondary schools are Hayfield and Mcauley but you would need to be in Auckley/ finningly/ Cantley and Bessacarr area for those and places are sought after. They are quite nice areas to live as well.

yasmin9999 Wed 15-Jan-14 22:01:47

hi
could you help me to choose a primary school for my daughters( 5&7yrs)in doncaster pls

Verona1973 Wed 16-Apr-14 21:15:34

Hello, new on here. I'm currently looking at a new housing development in Auckley. My wife is from Doncaster but hasn't lived there for nearly 20 years. What is Auckley like these days? We have made several visits and it looks nice. We currently live in Millhouses, Sheffield and are looking for an equally nice area in Doncaster but obviously at the right price for us.

doncasterhopeful Sun 18-May-14 21:33:21

Need to move to an area where we can afford a to buy house. Any ideas? V low budget of 50,000 total n need to be mortgage free. Also dd yrs 10 n 8 at school. Helping!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now