Local Talk

Newbie southampton mum wanting to meet others?

(25 Posts)
Katerpillar Mon 11-Oct-10 16:58:34

Hi all, I'm a new mum of a 4 month old son living in central Southampton.
Just looking to meet some other local mums as I don't really know any and would love a bit of likeminded company Feel a bit lonely!

And I'd like try and get my boy around some other little ones too!

Feel free to message me
Kate.

sailorsgal Mon 11-Oct-10 18:07:13

Hi, I'm not in Southampton but I have a midwife friend who may know of some other mums in your area. She is very proactive. grin

I used to live in Hamble.

GMajor7 Mon 11-Oct-10 18:22:15

Hello,

I live in Southampton and have an 8 month old DD! My mates are all childless so I too could do with meeting more mums

Not sure how the messaging works....let me see...

sailorsgal Mon 11-Oct-10 18:31:44

There you go, someone else in your area. grin

GMajor7 Mon 11-Oct-10 18:52:13

Definitely grin

Can't work out how to message yet though blush

Katerpillar Tue 12-Oct-10 03:56:50

Great! Really pleased I got responses :D
Thanks for writing sailorsgal!
And well done for eventually working out how to use messaging gmajor haha ;) Look forward to chatting to you!

sailorsgal Tue 12-Oct-10 09:17:09

I hope you guys get to meet up.

Its quite daunting getting out and about with a new baby. Once you do it though it makes it much more fun, and we all need adult conversation.

sailorsgal Tue 19-Oct-10 18:43:17

I've been informed from my midwife friend that the Central Surestart centre on Clovelly Road is a good place to meet other mums. grin

pallymama Wed 20-Oct-10 17:24:46

Another Southampton mum here, not quite central, but not far off. I have an 11mo, and also mostly childless friends, so I would definately like to meet some more mums

Carikube Wed 20-Oct-10 17:38:25

Hi, I've got a 19 mo and 5 mo; am happy to meet up and also to let you know about some of the playgroups etc I go to in case any are of interest to you. There is a lot available here if you know where to look!

I'm sure MN won't mind but the Southampton branch of NCT is doing loads of social stuff and opportunities for 'blind playdates' like this, non-members welcome. Their Facebook group is quite useful for ideas too.

HRHHayles Wed 08-Dec-10 22:07:37

Hey hello to you all Im Hayles Mum to Tegan 5 !! just started school and is board just finished studying Photogrphy and design at evening cless and have some spare time would like to meet like minded peeps in southampton area enjoy the zoo muddy puddles the wonderful New Forest and generally laughing having fun and i make a mean banana bread stay safe and smile xxxxxx smile

Maimoo Wed 05-Jan-11 13:21:34

Hi everyone, I'm Sam, I'm a new mum and would like to meet other mums in the Southampton area

I'd also like to meet new mums around here. DS is 7 months and wriggly.

Anyone fancy a coffee?????

myproblemblob Thu 27-Jan-11 13:17:16

Maybe we should do a meet up I live in Dibden Purlieu so forest side of southampton. Maybe going to a soft play centre one day?

PM me if you fancy meeting up or just leave message here
smile

I'd be up for a meet up. I'm in Hedge End and also spend a lot of time in the New Forest as my mum lives there. Have a 16 month old son.

KauaiRainbow Fri 18-Feb-11 16:19:19

Hi Ladies, I wold love to join in on your meet. I have a 3 yr old and 21 mth old. Looking to meet vibrant local people who don't mind toddlers!

Kryshees Thu 24-Feb-11 10:24:56

Ditto please! I'm in the new forest, and have a 3 year old and a nearly 2 year old.

Did you all meet up already or did I miss it?

I'm going to be brave and suggest some dates!

How about Friday March the 25th or Wednesday April the 6th?

And for venue, um, how about the big Starbucks above Next at West Quay? Or the IKEA cafe, which is cheaper, the coffee is v. plain but it has places for toddlers to toddle.

About 12, or is that a silly time with small people?

Kryshees Tue 08-Mar-11 18:04:36

oppps just saw this!!! I can't actually do any of those dates at 12 as dd is in nursery till 12.15

pallymama Fri 11-Mar-11 15:20:16

I can't do Tues, Weds or Fri due to work. If you ever do a Monday or a Thursday, please let me know, as I would really like to join.

i've just moved to southampton, am a single mother with a 13mth DS. work full time, would love to meet other mums on the weekend. have any of you met up? would also appreciate any suggestions for where i can take the little fella.......

Kryshees Fri 06-May-11 18:36:00

Hi everynickname

I'm in the forest, so a bit out, but always happy for meet ups. pm m if you like x

tangerinequeen85 Thu 12-May-11 22:17:25

Anyone interested in meeting a 25yr old mummy & her little 4month old lady for coffee/chatter,possibly a glass of vino of an evening when da bubba's are tucked in lol! Get in touch! x

Kryshees Mon 23-May-11 15:58:53

Hi TangerineQueen,

Whereabouts are you? I just met group of mummies today from here. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now