Local Talk

Anyone been to West Quay recently??

(12 Posts)
piixie Mon 22-Nov-10 13:47:19

Hello I am a fashion marketing student trying to find out the wants/needs of shoppers in west quay .. If you could spare 5 minutes of your time to complete my questionnaire it may result in a store you want appearing in West Quay!
Please don't fill in anything which you feel uncomfortable with!

1.Name:
2.D.O.B:
3.Status:
4.Do you have children at home/ left home?
5.Are you employed/unemployed/retired?
6.Job Title/Sector?
7.Transport you take to West Quay?
8.Distance you travel to West Quay?
9.How often do you visit West Quay?
10.How often do you holiday?
11.Up to 3 things you enjoy doing in your spare time?
12.Estimated income?
13.On your last visit to West Quay .. what did you travel to purchase?
14.List up to 3 stores which you went to visit?

15.1 = not at all important. 10 = extremely important.

price:
quality:
current trends:

16.How much time did you spend in West Quay on your last visit?
17.What do you most like about West Quay?
18.What do you most dislike about West Quay?
19.would you like to see more of the following: Womenswear, Menswear, Childrens clothing, footwear, budget fashion, designer fashion, plus size fashion, vintage fashion, sportswear, ethical, environmental, evening wear?
20. Are there any shops/styles which you would like to see in West Quay which aren't currently there??]

Thankyou so much for your help!!

Gawd, honestly I would rather hang around in hell for the day than visit West Quay.

Sorry, that was really unhelpful. Maybe I will answer these questions later if I get time.

piixie Mon 22-Nov-10 13:56:06

appreciated.. probably agree with you.. they are thinking about opening a new floor with designer stores which is why they want the research so help with the questions will genuinely help us get the shops we actually want in southampton

tbh am not really very fashiony but here goes:

1.Name: chutes
2.D.O.B: early 30s
3.Status:
4.Do you have children at home/ left home? one small boy child
5.Are you employed/unemployed/retired? stay at home parent
6.Job Title/Sector?
7.Transport you take to West Quay? car
8.Distance you travel to West Quay? 5ish miles
9.How often do you visit West Quay? 3-4 times a year
10.How often do you holiday?
11.Up to 3 things you enjoy doing in your spare time?
12.Estimated income?
13.On your last visit to West Quay .. what did you travel to purchase? krispy kremes blush
14.List up to 3 stores which you went to visit? kripsy kreme cafe, the jewellers whose names escapes me and a 10 second walk into h&m and straight out again

price: 8
quality: 7
current trends: 3

16.How much time did you spend in West Quay on your last visit? 15 mins
17.What do you most like about West Quay? Nandos!
18.What do you most dislike about West Quay? god, where to start... I can not stand the crowd of barely human life-forms that stand by the entrance smoking, you can barely see through the shadowy murk. I hate walking through the smoke cloud, I hate having to push through to get to the entrance/exit because they stand there moronically being confused you might want to to get to the door, I hate walking on the carpet of fag butts. I hate the way the ground floor slopes, it hurts my knees. I dislike the food court intensely, It is noisy and claustrophobic. The toilets/baby change being on the top floor in a far distant corner is bloody irritating. I hate the general aimlessness of the whole centre, people stand lost and confused like they have given up on life as there is no flow to the place. I dislike the trendy shop that looks like a restaurant (Hollister?) but I suspect that one is due to me being old and grumpy. I used to hate the scrum for the lifts until I realised I could use the lift in Gap, so now I marvel that no one else has cottoned onto also doing so. Mostly I dislike the general air of hopelessness West Quay fills me with. <breathes>
19.would you like to see more of the following: Womenswear, Menswear, Childrens clothing, footwear, budget fashion, designer fashion, plus size fashion, vintage fashion, sportswear, ethical, environmental, evening wear? not really
20. Are there any shops/styles which you would like to see in West Quay which aren't currently there?? I just would really like Habitat and Waitrose to come back please

piixie Mon 22-Nov-10 16:14:18

brilliant help thanks i'll pass all of this info on

1.SilkStalkings
2.D.O.B: early 30s
3.Status: Married
4.3 at home (of which 2 schoolage)
5.P/T freelance
6.Admin
7.Transport you take to West Quay? Car
8.Distance you travel to West Quay? 3m
9.How often do you visit West Quay? Once a month
10.How often do you holiday? 2/3 times a yr in UK
11.Up to 3 things you enjoy doing in your spare time? Knitting, reading, singing
12.Estimated income?
13.On your last visit to West Quay .. what did you travel to purchase? Clothes
14.List up to 3 stores which you went to visit? H&M, M&S, Accessorize

price:8
quality:3
current trends:5

16.How much time did you spend in West Quay on your last visit? 1hr (fast shopper!)
17.What do you most like about West Quay?
18.What do you most dislike about West Quay? Layout - loos in basement, escalators on opposite sides of mezzanine, getting up to food court is a nightmare, no windows in John Lewis
19.would you like to see more of the following: Womenswear, Menswear, Childrens clothing, footwear, budget fashion, designer fashion, plus size fashion, vintage fashion, sportswear, ethical, environmental, evening wear? Not bovvered but agree that Hollister is a dumb-ass Emperors new clothes shop for people with too much time on their hands (ie to return stuff constantly)
20. Are there any shops/styles which you would like to see in West Quay which aren't currently there??]
Big enclosed cafe with kids' play area

PS Chutes, I use the lifts and loos in M&Swink

piixie Sun 28-Nov-10 18:58:38

thanksyou very much for your response!

barnowl Sat 24-Sep-11 19:06:19

1.Name:
2.D.O.B:early 30's
3.Status:Married
4.Do you have children at home/ left home? 4 kids aged 1yr-8yr
5.Are you employed/unemployed/retired?
6.Job Title/Sector? Home maker/ student
7.Transport you take to West Quay?car/bus
8.Distance you travel to West Quay?4miles
9.How often do you visit West Quay?2 times per month
10.How often do you holiday?2xyear
11.Up to 3 things you enjoy doing in your spare time? Church/walking/camping
12.Estimated income?
13.On your last visit to West Quay .. what did you travel to purchase? kids clothes (didn't buy anything though)
14.List up to 3 stores which you went to visit? John Lewis, Gap, Fat Face

price:8
quality:9
current trends:1

16.How much time did you spend in West Quay on your last visit? 2 hours
17.What do you most like about West Quay? did like John Lewis but not so much recently since they revamped, I like Gap
18.What do you most dislike about West Quay?having to walk round in circles, the long trek to the toilets and the crowd of smokers outside the entrances, don't very often find what I want seems to be either too expensive or cheap and nasty
19.would you like to see more of the following: Womenswear(something better quality than H&M, New look and Primark but less expensive than Fat face, Oasis Gap etc) Menswear (really need more choice for men), Childrens (again something good quality but not over priced and suitable for everyday wear), vintage fashion, sportswear ( a shop you can get round and find what you want at a reasonable price), ethical (absolutely).
20. Are there any shops/styles which you would like to see in West Quay which aren't currently there??] Good quality toy shop, Place to eat where you can get healthy food for kids and parents without spending a fortune,

1.Name: Rachael
2.D.O.B: 1976
4.Do you have children at home/ left home? 1, 1 year old
5.Are you employed/unemployed/retired? SAHM
6.Job Title/Sector? Volunteer trainee psychotherapist
7.Transport you take to West Quay? Car / Walk
8.Distance you travel to West Quay? 1.5 miles
9.How often do you visit West Quay? Fortnightly
10.How often do you holiday? 4 times per year
11.Up to 3 things you enjoy doing in your spare time? Reading, Gardening, Mumsnetting
12.Estimated income?
13.On your last visit to West Quay .. what did you travel to purchase? Coffee
14.List up to 3 stores which you went to visit? Starbucks, John Lewis, M&S

price: 8
quality: 10
current trends: 1

16.How much time did you spend in West Quay on your last visit? 30 minutes
17.What do you most like about West Quay? All the usual shops
18.What do you most dislike about West Quay? Only all the usual shops, nothing special. Bloody annoying design that means you have to go round and round and round the blasted place to get from one shop to another. Most of the time I walk out by Waterstones and walk round to the front on the outside.
19.would you like to see more of the following: Womenswear, Menswear, Childrens clothing, footwear, budget fashion, designer fashion, plus size fashion, vintage fashion, sportswear, ethical, environmental, evening wear? More high end stuff, the sort of shops I have to go to Gunwharf or Winchester for
20. Are there any shops/styles which you would like to see in West Quay which aren't currently there??] White Stuff, White Company, Oakley,

christophercolumbus Thu 19-Jan-12 15:21:40

1.Name:
2.D.O.B: 1969
4.Do you have children at home/ left home? 2 (7 & 10)
5.Are you employed/unemployed/retired? SAHM
6.Job Title/Sector?
7.Transport you take to West Quay? Car
8.Distance you travel to West Quay? 4/5 miles
9.How often do you visit West Quay? Once/Twice a month
10.How often do you holiday? Once/Twice a year
11.Up to 3 things you enjoy doing in your spare time? Spare time??
12.Estimated income?
13.On your last visit to West Quay .. what did you travel to purchase? Return items to John Lewis. Bought some clothes in JL sale.
14.List up to 3 stores which you went to visit? John Lewis, Phase Eight

price: 6
quality: 8
current trends: 4

16.How much time did you spend in West Quay on your last visit? 1-2 hours

17.What do you most like about West Quay? John Lewis

18.What do you most dislike about West Quay? The layout. Have always felt it's poorly designed particularly around John Lewis / M&S end. Access between floors is inconvenient - often feels like a trek to get to another floor, irritates me every time. Don't like Hollister either - shopping in the dark?? (but guess wasn't aimed at me)

19.would you like to see more of the following: Womenswear, Menswear, Childrens clothing, footwear, budget fashion, designer fashion, plus size fashion, vintage fashion, sportswear, ethical, environmental, evening wear? Childrens' clothing, Toy Shop and would never say no to more womenswear.

Uniqlo. Decent womenswear shops as suggested by others - good quality at reasonable price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now