Local Talk

Good pre-schools - Shirley/Highfield

(5 Posts)
SeeingDouble Tue 12-Apr-11 20:22:42

We are moving to Southampton (from Berlin) this summer. We have 3 year old twin boys and I'm looking for pre-school places for them. Does anyone have any recommendations of good pre-schools in (Upper) Shirley or Highfield? We haven't yet found a place to live but will be looking in those areas I think.

Thanks very much!

SeeingDouble Thu 14-Apr-11 08:33:18

Bump

Swaliswan Thu 05-May-11 12:54:23

You will be hard pushed to find a place if your boys are already 3 (even at some of the not so good ones). I would recommend Barnowls, Shirely Warren, Buffer Bear and The Shirley Pre-school. I have no idea if any will have a place though.

CrystalTits Sun 22-May-11 20:57:33

You could also try Paint Pots Pre-School & Nursery. They have 4 nurseries and are excellent, our children (incl twins) flourished in their care. You're welcome to PM me if you want a personal recommendation. Good luck with your move from Berlin!

Riverside Pre-school in Bitterne Park has double outstanding OFSTED reports and BP is almost as nice as Highfield/Upper Shirley but cheaper. They have a catchment based admission so you would go straight to the top of the waiting list.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now