Local Talk

Single dad

(7 Posts)
Singledadoftwo Sat 06-Oct-12 18:12:58

I know I shouldn't be here but there is no support for single dads anywhere I can find so if anybody would like to talk to or help a single dad on his journey feel free

Not in your area, but your thread came up in active, I hope you don't mind me replying smile
No reason at all you shouldn't be here, there's lots of dads milling about around mumsnet! Dive in, there's no end of support to be found around here smile

Singledadoftwo Sat 06-Oct-12 18:30:46

Thanks for the welcome feel a little alone at the moment this is all very new for me

Singledadoftwo Sat 06-Oct-12 18:31:08

Thanks for the welcome feel a little alone at the moment this is all very new for me

Maybe have a look at the Single Parents board? There will be a lot of people there in the same boat and hopefully lots of advice smile
Also, there's Dadsnet if you're looking for a specifically male point of view too.
I hope you find what you need here smile

PurplePidjin Thu 11-Oct-12 23:27:09

Might be a bit out of catchment, but New Milton Children's Centre has a Saturday morning Dad's group... I bet they're not the only ones to run something similar smile

FatGingerCat Thu 15-Nov-12 16:55:37

Hiya, you posted this a while ago, so I hope you've found some support local to you now, but like PurplePidjin said, there are Dads groups around. We've got one local to us that also meets on a Saturday morning, and the dads have bacon rolls and coffee smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now