Lonely and looking for a friend

(11 Posts)
XIII Mon 11-May-15 23:30:58

I'm Claire, I have a two year old son called Arthur, I've lived in Southampton approximately 4 years but I have no friends here. My family is virtually non-existent (what little family I have live in other countries).

Long story short, I'm lonely, I would like somebody to talk to, to be friends with. I'm very quiet, very shy, I would go as far as to say I do not talk much.

Would love to meet someone similar to me and with a child about the same age as mine.

MrsMangoBiscuit Mon 18-May-15 07:10:37

Hello Claire! I too live in Southampton. I have a 5yo and a 20month old, both girls. 4 years ago I was in the same situation as you, and actually met one of my now good friends through MN local. I'd be very happy to meet up for a coffee sometime. smile

SamJayne25 Wed 17-Jun-15 12:48:07

Hi Claire
I moved to Southampton almost 4 years ago now and I still have no local friends.
I have a 3 yo boy and 10 mth old girl, also shy which makes it harder to find local friends.
Where in Southampton are you?

Jenijena Tue 23-Jun-15 22:16:48

Hello - have you joined the Southampton NCT group? It often has posts like this and people meet up and make friends... For instance a soft play trip or something. You'll find lots of people like you. I'm a bit out of the city but know the group is very active and friendly (not just for NCT members)

GimGem Tue 28-Jul-15 07:42:43

Hi Claire. I'm just up the road in Chandlers Ford but am from Southampton, for various reasons I also find myself at more of a loose end friends wise at the moment. I gave a 2 year old and a 7 year old. Whereabouts in Southampton are you?

mebrad14 Fri 11-Dec-15 09:36:20

Hi Claire.

I have just moved from Bristol. I am not a mum, but would love to meet up to start making friends as I am getting rather lonely.
My husband works during the day, and so I am by myself all day.
I live in Shirley. Where do you live?

HanaElliott123 Thu 07-Jan-16 11:02:01

Hi there. I'm not sure if you have had any success yet in meeting up with anyone but I am also quite quiet and shy and have trouble making friends with other mums. I have a 3.5 year old boy and a 1.5 year old girl. I live in Bitterne and would love to meet up with somebody for regular play dates as I'm quite lonely and feel my kids are missing out as they have no friends either :-(

Liefkeay523 Fri 03-Jun-16 19:49:04

Hi all, I am also living in Southampton, Shirley now and finding it very hard to find and make mum friends. Would love to organise a meet up or just chat sometime. Lief

Starlight82 Sun 12-Jun-16 18:42:08

Hi everyone, I'm also looking to meet new friends. I live Shirley and have a 5 year old girl. Would be great to meet other mums smile

spracks Mon 01-Aug-16 23:04:43

Hi all, not sure if this thread is still active as i note it was started some time ago but if anyone is still looking ti meetuo ir indeed already doibg so i'd love to meet too. I'm currently in mat leave with a 6 month old baby girl and an almost 5 yr old dd and an 8 yr old ds. I live in shirley and am keen to get out and meet others for unfinished conversations and lukewarm tea plus the odd glass of vino collapso in the unlikely event i get out one evening. Anyhoo i'd live to hear from you x

spracks Mon 01-Aug-16 23:08:00

Apologies for the typos above. Touchscreens and wriggly babies don't mix!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now