Local Talk

Southend / Westcliff meet ups?

(11 Posts)
Hazbo13 Sun 17-Feb-13 22:51:22

Hello all,

We have just moved here from London. I dont really know anyone or anywhere around here and find myself sitting indoors bored, watching too much cbeebies and mostly conversing with toddlers....

Are their any local meet ups or anyone interested in going to any? Or are there any good local groups you can recommend to me?

Thanks!

Moominsarecool Tue 19-Feb-13 23:10:40

Hello hazbo, welcome to the area. I moved down from London last year though I'm from these parts originally so know the area very well.

I'm expecting my first in April and still grappling with commuting to London but I'm off from mid-March and don't want to go stir crazy at home. I don't know of any groups but if you find any bump/baby groups please do post about them I'd be interested in going along.

If you need any local info I'd be glad to help.

Lunchinabagcafe Wed 20-Feb-13 14:16:04

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Where in Southend are you? There's a few Sure Start centres, the Temple Sutton one is good. The Cambridge Road one was lovely, but I've not been there in over a year so I don't know what it's like now.

I'm definitely interested in meet ups. I've got 3 under 4s and I've almost forgotten what adult conversation is like!

sleepythegiraffe Tue 09-Apr-13 05:13:20

Hello, is anyone still interested in a meet up? I have a 2 year old ds and a 3 month old dd, i like cake and am very tired most of the time!

I'm still interested!

sleepythegiraffe Tue 09-Apr-13 19:49:44

Ooh exciting! Ok, would love to get together. What do you reckon? Shall we see if anyone else is interested over the next few days. Where are you? We are in westcliff.

Hazbo13 Fri 12-Apr-13 09:48:50

Hello,
I live near the Hamlet Court Road.
I have a 2.5 year old Ds and a 17 month old DD.
I don't drive but can get to most of south westcliff and central Southend easily...

I'm up near Garon Park. I don't drive either, but I can get to the centre of town easily enough. Like I said up thread, I've got 3 DCs. DS1 has just turned 4, DD is 2.2, and DS2 is 10 weeks.

I've had a couple of emails that say people have been posting on the meetup page, but when I follow the link there's nothing there. Is it just me (or my phone)?

sleepythegiraffe Fri 19-Apr-13 20:03:44

Would like to meet up. Can get to the town centre or anywhere really, i do drive. I had a look on the meet up page and there is a thread about getting together, however i don't know how to link to this thread.

Maybe we should post in chat? Also, it has just occurred to me that i have a fussy baby that cluster feeds all evening so would need to meet in the daytime or in a few months time when allowed out again!

gillkimber Wed 04-Sep-13 12:23:13

Hi I help run a toddler group called Tiddlers and there are several others around. It's a good way to meet other families and chat about schools etc and make friends. We meet at St Andrew's church hall off Electric Ave during the term. We're starting again next Wednesday 9.30am and it costs £1 per child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now