MissEerie Wed 14-Nov-12 14:27:41

It is a bit! Was worried I'd be sat here on my tod for all eternity. grin

relaxinginsouthend Wed 14-Nov-12 22:06:16

Its always been quiet round here!!

MissEerie Thu 15-Nov-12 20:19:05

Yay! There's more of us!

Hazbo13 Sun 17-Feb-13 22:41:42

Anyone still out there??

I'm here. Surely there must be more of us. There were quite a few posters in a thread about moving to Southend/Westcliff a few weeks ago.

Hi! I'm from Rayleigh-we've just moved here. Originally from Essex though!
Is it normally this quiet? smile

Hello goodjam. Where in Essex are you from originally? I grew up in Stanford-le-Hope, got out as soon as I could, but moved back to Essex when DS1 was a baby.

Hi, All over really, have lived in Stanford, Corringham, East Tilbury, Grays, Chelmsford and now Rayleigh.

PS also a Terry Pratchett fan so love the name!

Ooh, I wonder if I've ever met you in real life?

Good Omens is my favourite book. I was about to say I've never read a bad Terry Pratchett book, but then I remembered The Long Earth. Such a disappointment. I've recently started reading Neil Gaiman novels too. I'm about halfway through American Gods at the moment and really enjpying it.

What are you reading at the moment?

How funny if we actually knew each other! What school did you go to? And dare I ask age? I'm 35.
I'm reading a random vampire book ATM. Nothing special. I've hot Dodger lined up to read next though. I think I've read some Neil Gaiman Graphic novels. not sure. Loved Good Omens though.

I went to St Clere's. How about you? I'm 31, though I refuse to believe it. That sounds far too grown up!

I've not got Dodger yet, I'm on a self imposed ban from buying any new books until I've read some of the dozens I've got already. I have a habit of buying 3 books for every one I read, and as I've got 3 DCs under 4 I don't get much time to read.

How old are your DCs? My DS1 is 4 next month, DD was 2 a couple of weeks ago, and DS2 is 5 weeks.

also St cleres but we were a few years apart! Did you know the Ellison kids? they're friends of the family.
I have one dd, 17mths.
I'm the same as with books, I love my kindle!

Were there 4 of them, 3 girls and a boy? If so, yes! Phil was in my brother's year at school. They've been friends since they were tiny, and my mum and dad went to his wedding.

Maybe, if the meet ups ever get going, we could start a book swap. (If you still read paper books as well as using a Kindle). I used to go to Book crossing meet ups, pre DC, and it was a great way of discovering new novels/authors. There's only 3 people signed up for meet ups so far though, so I don't think that there will be any happening just yet.

We must be thinking of a different family, I know Peter, but he might have been in the year above you.
I'd love a book swap but because we've just moved I had a massive library clear out! sad

I really need to clear out some books. I know I'm not going to read half of them. My problem is that I go into charity shops, buy anything that looks interesting, then leave it sat on a shelf for 6 months until it doesn't look interesting any more.

What years were you at St Cleres? I was there from 92 to 97. Hated every minute of it. Anyone who says your schooldays are the best days of your life must have a rubbish life.

'89 to '94. I had good days and bad days. Back then Potter was the head and Griffith's was deputy.
Having a kindle is handy as I can transfer books and clear out the bookshelf. The only ones I haven't cleared and probably won't are my Pratchett's. I've been collecting for years and have the old Josh Kirby covers. Love em! Have you read Nation?

WireCatWhore Tue 26-Mar-13 13:51:23

Hello...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now