Local Talk

Does anyone want to start running to keep fit in my area?

(7 Posts)
bhutan Tue 08-Jan-08 11:47:01

I can't run but I would like to start and need a buddy/partner etc. Anyone interested? I could commit to two evenings per week if my dh promises to look after our ds's.

iMum Wed 05-Mar-08 17:40:57

I would!

bhutan Tue 11-Mar-08 15:42:26

yipppppppppppppppppppeeeee!!

Hi iMum. What next? How do we contact each other (if you are still interested???). I've bought my new trainers - ha ha.

Look forward to hearing from you.

smile

BouncyBee Wed 23-Apr-08 18:30:24

Hi Where are you? I live in Hullbridge and doing the Race for Life in June so need to start getting into shape?

bhutan Thu 05-Jun-08 13:44:00

Am so sorry not to have responded to you. I have gone back to work full time and only today managed to have a moment to log in.

Well done for doing the Race for Life - I wish I had the time.

Bhutan

xxxx

whatdayisit Sat 07-Jun-08 21:36:22

Not sure exactly where you are, but have a look at phoenix striders

They are an incredibly friendly bunch. For beginners they have a run/walk group, so you can build up slowly without injuring yourself. I joined in Sep 07, when I could barely run 100 meters. I ran a 5 mile race last weekend. Never thought I would be doing races, it was just to keep fit, but once you start....

iMum Thu 21-Aug-08 09:52:17

Hiya, sorry i never got back to you-I got pregnant! due in October but will be back to running one and back on my feet!!
Would you still be interested?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now