Local Talk

Any Baby or Early Toddler activites in Canada Water???

(5 Posts)
ssvirani Mon 26-Sep-11 11:21:49

Does anyone know of any activites for 18month olds around Canada Water - My little one's a lot more active these days and going out to feed the birds just doesn't cut it. And or 1/2 day playgroups?

Emmie412 Thu 06-Oct-11 12:01:54

There's plenty. My 20-month old loves:

Diddi Dance: on Mondays and Tuesdays at Time and Talents, www.diddidance.com at 10am
Play and story session, in Rotherhithe Library at 10-12 on Mondays and Thursday mornings
Latino Bambino www.latinobambino.co.uk - dance class on Wednesdays in St Mary's Church at 10am
Play session at Time and Talents on Friday mornings from 10-12

Then there's Riverside Parents' soft play sessions in Salmon Centre, Old Jamaica Road - Thursday morning at 10-12 and Monday afternoon 3-5pm

Also you can visit the Surrey Docks City Farm on Rotherhithe street, my little one loves feeding the goats and eating ice-cream in the cafe...

Here were some examples - hope these help. Pop by the library and ask for the extensive leaflet on what's on in Southwark each term.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Mon 22-Oct-12 18:06:40

Bumping this thread - are there any other suggestions that others also have? Preferably as close to Canada water station as possible please.

Ulka Tue 12-Feb-13 15:03:47

Just saw this thread- There are lots of activity at the Canada water library.
Bookstart session for under sixes, every Monday 10am to 11.30am, term time only
Board games club, every Monday 4.30pm to 6pm, for 6 years and over
Manga club, every other Tuesday from 3 January 2012, 4.30pm to 5.30pm, for 10 years and over
Creative writing for ages 6 upwards, every other Wednesday from 4 January, 4pm to 5pm
Little Bunnies: Baby and Toddler Mandarin Stories and Rhymetime. Learn Mandarin through songs, stories and play. Every Wednesday, 9.15am to 10am.
Baby and toddler session for under fives, every Thursday 11am to 11.45am, term time only
Baby Rhyme Time, every Tuesday, 2pm to 2.30pm, term time only.

I always take my DS to the thursday and Monday session. Hope this help.

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now