Local Talk

bessemer grange primary

(3 Posts)
dreamsofsleep Sat 02-Jun-12 10:00:37

Hello
Would love to hear more about this school from current parents or people who know lots about it. The ofsted report sounds like it's improving fast but has a challenging enough intake (ie many kids starting there have reading and writing etc well below average standards).
But have also just seen a message on here saying it is getting better fast.
We may be moving house to near there (Waiting to hear if an offer's been accepted) and will be looking for primaries in a few years. We'd also be nearish to dulwich infants (but I think not near enough) and also jessop, but that's just been rated outstanding, which is great, but i fear that consequently the catchment area is going to shrink dramatically. In this house we'd be .2 miles from bessemer and .4 each from dulwich and jessop.
Thanks for thoughts, enjoy the super long weekend.

dreamsofsleep Tue 12-Jun-12 21:34:28

anyone???

Scarfmaker Sat 14-Jul-12 21:34:34

I don't think you could go wrong with Bessemer at the moment.

It's been on the up for a while now and the new Head has been there around 2 years. I walk past a couple of times a week and the children in nursery and reception always seem to be having a good time in the outdoor space.

I know a few parents who have their children there and they are happy with it.

The new Children's Centre has been there for a couple of years and I think this is drawing in parents.

The PTA seems very active, which is a good thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now