Local Talk

Herne Hill School/Rosemead/DUCKS/Oakfield

(3 Posts)
HerneHillQuartet Sat 22-Dec-12 23:06:13

We live in Herne Hill and are wondering about schools in the area for our daughter. She's only 18 months at the moment, but I am wondering if we ought to be putting her name down for local schools. We are hoping that she will be able to go to one of the nearby state schools, but don't want to be left without other options if that doesn't work out.

So, 1. Do we need to hurry to get her on waiting lists for local private schools and are we already behind on this? and 2. does anyone have personal experience or advice to offer about Herne Hill School, DUCKS, Rosemead or Oakfield? From their websites they all seem pretty similar so it would be great to hear if anyone has any experience of them or alternative suggestions.

Thank you very much!

Cygbet Mon 21-Jan-13 10:00:31

I'm very impressed with Herne Hill School so far - DD1 has been there for a year now, starting in the nursery.

You probably should think about putting your name down fairly soon, yes.

chick01 Wed 20-Mar-13 10:06:21

For Herne Hill you need to put name down ASAP as they work, or always used to work, soley on a waiting list basis for nursery. It is the same with DUCKS. With Oakfield and Rosemead it is by assessment rather than waiting list. But I would put name down at all and then go round them all a few times..... plus ask everybody. Herne Hill is a lovely school but only goes up to 7. It depends how you feel about entering a bun fight so soon after just settling in. And boy does it go quickly!!!!!! Also, there are less places for girls than for boys in the area at that age. Altho they all find somewhere.......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now