Local Talk

Pride London W/E 29th & 30th June 2013

(4 Posts)
DianaPrideLondon Fri 07-Jun-13 02:26:42

Hi I'm Diana and along with my colleague Ben at Pride London are planning a "Free" family friendly picnic event on the Sunday of the Pride weekend 30th June in Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens. This year with the new Community Pride has been very challenging, not least the we've spent 3 months in planning this event and now face a funding shortfall of some £3,000 out of a total budget of £8,000... Needless to say Ben & I are working hard to bring the event home.
What I ask of all the LGBT London Parents is to message Pride and let them know how much a truly family friendly event is needed as part of Pride, somewhere where we can take our children, mums, dads and all the rest of the family and have a good day out at an event that isn't dominated by the "Scene"...

Here's the programme of the days events we've planned, but as I said are unable at this time to confirm due to the funding shortfall...

RVT Presents Pride in London's BIG PICNIC in the PARK
Sunday 30th June Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens
A "Free" family friendly accessible event
2-6 pm
Picnic to your hearts content 
Picnic Hampers are available by pre?order for those who don't feel up to preparing their own lunch & tea including Queen of the Desserts
BBQ by Burger Bears
RVT Bars 
In Partnership with London Gay Games 2018, Out for Sports & Pride Sports along with National Sports Federation bodies providing professional level sports taster and coaching sessions as well as informal competitions throughout the afternoon/early eve till 6pm
4-5pm Pride Doggy Walk with prizes for Best in show, best Large & Small Breed, and with runners up in conjunction with Battersea Dogs Home 
2-7 pm  - Sports, Heath & Wellbeing and selected market stalls
4-5pm - "Mayor of Lambeth's Pride Reception" 
LGBT Sports Olympians & personalities, LCP directors/board meet with the Prime Minister and family  the Mayor of London, local LGBT notables and MP's who have shown support for the impending Marriage Equality Legislation?
5-6pm ? Waitrose Pride Cake Bake off and presentation, Cutting of the cake/fund raiser  celebrity chef James McIntosh judging 
6.00-11.00pm Tea House Theatre ? Wine & Bubbles Bar opens
6.00-7.00pm -  Cactus Club ? Line dancing  
7-8pm - Polari Literature Salon hosted by Paul Burston
8-9 pm ? Live Audience Singalong Performance ? G?Zang 
9-10.45pm  - Screening of Priscilla Queen of the Desert  - complete with live stage show

10.45-11pm  - Laser Show Finale

The event is fully accessible, signed where appropriate both Toilets and baby changing facilities will be available

Please if you have any suggestions that may help us improve the event, please feel free to drop me a message on

mailto:dianat@londoncommunitypride.org

In the meantime could I ask everyone keen to see this event go ahead please mail

mailto:directors@londoncommunitypride.org

emphasising your support for this event...

milkycoffee Fri 07-Jun-13 23:51:32

cant attend unfortunately,will email my support
what you need to address funding shortfall?
schedue looks fun ESP priscilla

DianaPrideLondon Sat 08-Jun-13 00:08:45

The event is live now we'll be putting up the official listing sometime tomorrow at londoncommunitypride.org/ thanks for your vote of confidence, we finally covered the funding this afternoon thanks

DianaPrideLondon Mon 10-Jun-13 08:45:26

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now