Local Talk

mummies in Stafford

(9 Posts)
jwhite Fri 09-Jan-09 18:44:41

Hi all, we have just moved back to Stafford after a decade of living in London, to be closer to family. My husband is still working in London Monday to Friday and joining us at weekends whilst actively jobsearching up here. Im 32 and I have a very sociable 21 month old son who loves being in the company of babies smaller and bigger than him. Please get in touch! look forward to hearing from you all and arranging coffees smile

merryandmad Thu 15-Jan-09 19:31:47

Hello JWhite,
I have two dd's 4 & 2 and live in Stafford- my OH works very long hours with a two hours commute each way- also actively searching for work closer to home.
I'm afraid I'm a tea drinker though grin

Veefrog Thu 29-Jan-09 13:39:45

Hi girls,
I have a 26 mth old son and a very happy 15 wks old daughter. We'd love to meet new people and i'm easy...tea and coffee grin

merryandmad Thu 29-Jan-09 22:07:49

Veefrog,
Where are in in Stafford. I'm in the Sandon Road area. My two go to the Childrens centre in Stafford when I'm at work (3 afternoons a week), but I go to the Covenant Hall toddlers on a Tues and have just started to go to the Church Lane Acorns group on a Thursday 9by the soup kitchen.
I have 21 months between my two, it was hard work to start off with, but they are really good togother now, playing and entertaining one another. How are you finding it having two?
smile

merryandmad Thu 29-Jan-09 22:09:25

Veefrog- sorry but on the other thread did you mean playgroups where you leave them and go or toddlers where you stay and have cups of tea etc??

Veefrog Sat 31-Jan-09 15:02:12

Merryandmad,
I'm in the Corporation Street area, not very far. We go to the Children Centre a few times a week to toddler groups and other singing/crafty groups. I've found the Centre a life saver, a big part of my social life... how sad...
I did mean playgroup, on the other thread, and i've found the Under 5s Queensway Playgroup -in the Baptist Church across Francesco's- where i've left my DS a few times. Pff, not an easy task, hopefully he'll get use to it and stop making me feel sooo guilty.
I can't wait for my two to start playing together, but at the moment the big one ignore the little one, unless he's using her as a target for duplo throwing.
To be honest i found the newborn business much easier this time around but the toddler thing is not helping. I think we'll be hitting the Terrible Twos soon.
How did you cope with that situation?

merryandmad Sat 31-Jan-09 19:23:24

My eldest was actually quite good, though I did have to stop her a couple of times when she was trying to gauge her sisters eyes out with cotton wool (she'd obv seen me cleaning her newborn sister's eyes with it and thought she'd help mummy). Other than that it was easier for the newwborn to follow her sisters routine rather than try to fit her into a newborn's routine. (& breastfeeding probably helped, meant that I didn't have to worry about if I'd got enough bottles etc).
I love the children's centre- my lo's go there aswell- eldest as her free nursery place and for choldcare aswell when I'm at work

blossomlioness Sat 30-Oct-10 17:58:50

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

blossomlioness Sat 30-Oct-10 17:59:56

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now