Local Talk

Let's get together

(10 Posts)
LocalEditorStaffordshire Tue 21-Jan-14 21:10:01

Hello all! waves

I've noticed a few people on the boards suggesting they'd like to meet up IRL but none of us have been brave enough to arrange anything yet. So how about it?

There aren't any official area meet ups running yet (as we really need local ambassadors to look after each patch) so how about we sort out a general Staffordshire one and see how it goes?

What does everyone think?

If we start to get really formal then the lovely editor of Mumsnet Oxfordshire has put together a blog explaining about how you can become a local ambassador for your town here, but I think we should walk before we can run grin

Peabod Thu 23-Jan-14 21:55:25

I would be interested in a meet up if there are any near Stafford. The trouble is that the county is long and thin and the Mumsnet Local board is very quiet.

LocalEditorStaffordshire Fri 24-Jan-14 17:21:42

Hello Peabod. Someone always seems to answer me when I'm not looking smile

I know what you mean about the geography, but hopefully now you've bravely stepped forward some more will follow.

I imagine Stafford would be fairly easy to get to on trains/ buses etc if people didn't drive but what do others think?

MamaPizza Tue 28-Jan-14 07:11:39

I live 10 minutes from Stafford, happy to meet up there. smile
Preferably in any of the school holidays though, can't really do any other time.

MamaPizza Tue 28-Jan-14 07:12:12

Why can't I watch this thread?

LocalEditorStaffordshire Tue 28-Jan-14 17:05:08

Hi MamaPizza,

Not sure why you can't watch the thread. V weird. Do you want me to flag it up with HQ?

Can most people only meet on weekends or are weekends/ school holidays the best options?

Peabod Tue 28-Jan-14 18:08:08

I can meet most of the time. DS is in nursery three afternoons a week.

Peabod Tue 28-Jan-14 18:09:05

I wonder if I'd know the people at the meetup IRL..,

MamaPizza Wed 29-Jan-14 00:11:28

It tells me 'status not allowed error 450'. Would be nice to watch it as I always check my watchlist.

I know one MNer IRL also from Stafford, she might like to join us. I'd guess that she'd also have more time in school holidays. Weekend would also be fine. Hopefully more will join.

oliverlouise Tue 13-May-14 20:43:24

Hi all. I've just posted on the 'if anyone's out there thread' too.
I'd be interested in a meet up.
Maybe we should post on chat to get some initial traffic and then transfer over to local?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now