Local Talk

Tillicoultry

(3 Posts)
Apronlady Sat 29-Oct-11 23:34:00

Anyone know what Tilli is like?

To cut a long story short we have seen a house here that we like. We have two small children, and have been wanting to move to Dollar for a long time but there's nothing there that we like and can also afford. So, is Tilli a good substitute or should we wait until something interesting comes up in Dollar?

What is the community like for mums, toddlers, kids, teenagers etc etc

Any insight greatly appreciated!

Apronlady Sun 30-Oct-11 20:05:52

Anyone??

Magssno Tue 08-Nov-11 20:34:02

Hi, I've lived in Tilly for 15 years now and would not move!

Like all towns it has its rough areas but where I live (at the Dollar end) it is quiet.

My kids go to Tilly primary and it is a good school were the community really comes together to support projects.

There is a toddler group at the community center Mon,Tue,Thur Fri (at least those used to be the days!) and the school has just been altered to accommodate playgroup and nursery which looks fantastic!

There are rainbows, brownies, beavers etc. for school age kids and of course Fore Front Stage School (I've heard this is VERY pricey). There is also a youth club which used to be on a Wednesday night at the community center.

Not too sure about other activities for teens - my girls are 10 and 6.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now