Local Talk

Two weeks to go!

(12 Posts)
Jukester Thu 01-Aug-13 21:09:17

the school holiday are in the final strait thankfully

Is everyone all organised or just leaving it til the last minute? If you have best buys please share!

Any tips of where to buy school bags for small weans will be gratefully received! I bought one for DD and it was humongous

Gap used to do some really great ones - lasted my boys from nursery to about P4 they were indestructable, just had to be changes becasue they were getting too small.

www.gap.co.uk/browse/category.do?cid=57111&departmentRedirect=true&mlink=56774,6848787,DP_LN_CTA_EU&clink=6848787#department=48

here you go, guess you would be looking at the junior size - some pretty snazzy ones too. Much better than the character efforts.

Jukester Tue 06-Aug-13 16:57:28

Oh thank you soontobe. Will have a look.

Are you all organised?

More or less organised, just need shoes for my eldest as the ones I sent for are too small and they don't do them in a bigger size and he doesn't like any of the fancy pancy pointy ones that that they all seem to be wearing at the moment.

And youngest who is off to High School still needs a new back pack which I'll get him to pick tonight. I bought his blazer in May though so fingers crossed it still fits!

Jukester Tue 06-Aug-13 19:24:32

I delegated the shoe buying to my mum - couldn't face the queuing and appointment making smile

Good luck getting your last bits and pieces

Cheers. We are now past kids sizes in Clarks and the adult mens ones are not really suited to a teenager so we are a bit stuck. Next Childrens also finish at an 8 so again looking at adults shoes but they are "too fashionable" apparently. He is only just turned 13 but we are now looking at size 9 adults shoes. And people on here moan at £25 for a pair of Clarks kids shoes!!

My size 8 feet 11 year old got some in TK maxx, but they are the pointy toe shiny ones that the elder boy doesn't like......and you know what an extensive range of shops we have here sad

Jukester Tue 06-Aug-13 19:46:07

I agree with him - I don't like the big pointy shiney shoes either - they are like clown shoes smile

You may have to take a trip to the big city to find teenagery trendy shoes - remember when the Thistle Centre had loads of shoe shops??

Clown shoes ha ha. Yes that's pretty much what they look like - kind of looks like he is about to do a paso doble down the dance hall grin

A trip to the city sounds like torture with two boys I'm afraid - they are happy enough if it's Game, CEX, Waterstones and other techy/comic type places but take them into anywhere else and it's like trying to bath a cat.

Hacks me off too that the uniform policy clearly says black shoes, no boots or trainers etc. I hunt about to comply and then people turn up in other things.

He has black flippers - maybe they will do grin

Thistle is dire - someone suggested that Slaters may do shoes so I might take a browse in there.

Jukester Tue 06-Aug-13 20:44:22

Have a look on the Schuh website - they deliver to the store and you can return them to the store too. Will have a better range than the shop

okay ta will do smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now