Making friends

(5 Posts)
Kirst412 Fri 12-Feb-16 11:54:09

Been in the area a while but recently single, 4 kids and I'm a nurse
Just looking to meet up with other mums make friends etc
Stirling seems a quiet group compared to others locally
Don't be shy 😊

CarrieB2 Sat 25-Jun-16 20:55:41

Hi Kirst, I'm fairly new to the area I moved here from Moray about 3 months ago for my husbands work.
He works Monday-Friday and I have 2 kids 2 and 4 so we are very lonely and bored through the week as we don't know the area much!
We would very much like to meet up with other mums and kids, how old are your 4?

Look forward to hearing from you smile

soontobeslendergirl Sat 25-Jun-16 21:45:03

Hi both, you might be better of posting in the Scotnet topic (it's listed under "Other Stuff" as it's a bit busier.

I'm in the area and can help with places to go etc, but my kids are now almost 16 and 15 so I'm not who you are looking for grin.

There are loads of things for kids to get involved with that might be a source of friends for you though I guess some of that will be finishing up for the summer. I've always worked, but I found picking up from school and nursery was a good way to meet people. Toddler groups and activities are also great and library reading sessions etc and also just hanging about in the park and making an effort to speak to people - it doesn't always work but even if it's just a one off chat in the park it helps. Beavers/Brownies etc are good as they often ned parent helpers and you can get to meet other helpers and the leaders who often have their own children there too. Good luck.

Kirst412 Mon 22-Aug-16 16:16:17

Hey Carrie, sorry not been on here much
Where in moray are you from?
My lot are 5, 6, 11 & 15 and all boys
Youngest goes to school tomorrow but I'm generally around - am a paediatric nurse so love kids even if mine aren't around lol
Where abouts have you moved to?
Thanks too soontobeslendergirl
Kirsty X

Stonking Mon 22-Aug-16 19:08:17

Having just seen your post on another thread, I suspect we have a child having their first day at the same school tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now