Another comuting question.

(11 Posts)
Joanna047 Sat 15-Oct-16 14:53:30

Hello everyone
Me again. We are in the midst of packing for our move from Canada to Scotland. Finding it difficult to find anywhere to rent in Dollar, Menstrie or Kinross that is within our price range and has enough space for our family. I was wondering if anyone on here commutes from Dunblane to Dunfermline? I will be working at the hospital in Dunfermline Monday to Friday. We have friends in Stirling and they found a lovely place that would fit the bill perfectly for us to rent. I have also heard that the schools in Dunblane are great, but think that the commute would be a bit much. Input would be welcome. Thanks, Joanna

JessieFlora Sat 15-Oct-16 15:12:52

It takes about 40-45 mins from Dunblane to Dunfermline. One advantage is that there are several different routes you can take to avoid traffic/bad weather.

It's quicker if you can leave nice and early in the morning.

JessieFlora Sat 15-Oct-16 15:13:35

And yes, Dunblane schools are great.

Joanna047 Sat 15-Oct-16 15:40:47

Thanks for your response JessieFlora. I love the sound of Dunblane. Sadly, it really is a bit too long of a commute for me. Really hoping for a maximum of 30 minutes.

soontobeslendergirl Sat 15-Oct-16 15:50:35

I have a colleague that has done Dunfermline to Stirling for 10 years, no idea what time it takes but it can't be too bad if she has done it for so long.

JessieFlora Sat 15-Oct-16 19:01:50

Have you thought of Linlithgow? That's a really nice town and I'd have thought it would be around 30 mins. Last I heard school rep was good.

soontobeslendergirl Sat 15-Oct-16 19:08:11

Yes, Linlithgow is about half an hour, as is Larbert/Carron/Carronshore, Airth a bit less too.

If you are initially renting, I'd pick anywhere in your commuting half hour and then spend time getting to know where exactly you'd like to live.

soontobeslendergirl Sat 15-Oct-16 19:09:22

You have the Forth Valley Royal in Larbert and St Johns in Livingstone so that would maybe give you other employment options too.

Joanna047 Sat 15-Oct-16 19:44:27

Thanks for all the ideas. I will look into them!

soontobeslendergirl Sat 15-Oct-16 19:55:15

I can't remember what your budget is OP but this looks nice:

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-56528158.html

Kinnaird primary is lovely and your in catchment for Larbert High which is a great High school too.

CLJ52 Sun 16-Oct-16 15:13:31

I live in Stirling and used to work in Dunfermline. I'd usually take the A905 to the Kincardine Bridge and into Dunfermline that way. Took me about 35 minutes and I was travelling at 8am and 5pm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now