Local Talk

New Nursery

(2 Posts)
carolinesk9 Tue 09-Mar-10 12:59:20

I'm looking for some advice on nurseries from mums or soon-to-be mums of infants. Can you help?

I'm looking to open up a new nursery in the centre of Wilmslow from next Autumn. It will be small and cosy, with a maximum of twenty-three children and we aim to operate at a very high standard. My background is in teaching and holiday clubs.

I know there are a lot of nurseries in Wilmslow, but only some are judged "good" by ofsted. Is there a place for us?

Can you advise on your priorities when looking for a nursery? Will you be looking for a nursery in the near future? Any suggestions generally?

Thanks

bramhallmumof3 Fri 09-Apr-10 22:58:16

Hi Caroline, can I suggest up the road in Bramhall as an alternative?

I have two at school and my youngest in nursery but it was a real struggle to find a nursery place here. (We have to travel to Cheadle Hulme) There is a big shortage. A new one opened a couple of years ago and booked up almost immediately.

Bramhall has a very similar demographic to Wilmslow and you'd find a lot of relatively affluent parents here willing to pay good money for high quality nursery provison. Lots of mums I know complain about having to travel to Cheadle Hulme for a nursery place. A new, good quality nursery in Bramhall or even up the road in Woodford would go down well.

You may have set your heart on Wilmslow but if I were you with a teaching background, Id jump at the chance.Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now