Local Talk

anyone know Bury St Edmunds?

(2 Posts)
JoandRo Mon 28-Jan-13 10:14:32

We are looking at houses in several places, one of which is Bury St Edmunds. We are not looking at villages as I don't drive. The in-laws live in a village nearby so we know the area pretty well, but not the ins and outs of it, if you know what I mean.
We have seen two houses we like and need some help making a decision...one is near Nowton Park, the area seems lovely but the house needs lots of work. The other is in the Horringer Court estate, the house is gorgeous but we are not sure about the area - it seems a bit isolated and I'm not sure if I'd feel a bit trapped there without a car. Not sure there are any proper green spaces within easy walking distance with pushchair.
Schools seem to be good near both houses.
Anyone got any insight?

diabolo Tue 19-Feb-13 18:59:03

Sorry - only just seen this. I've lived in and around BSE for 13+ years.

All areas in town are well served by buses, so you don't need to worry about being isolated. The area around Nowton Park is a bit more "des-res" than Horringer Court. Horringer Court Middle School is part of the desirable Bury Academy Trust feeding County Upper School.

All state schools are good with the exception of 1 or 2, and there is a brilliant Prep near Nowton Park if that is of interest.

Use Google Maps to check out the areas you are interested in for green spaces, parks etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now