Local Talk

Recent birth experiences at WSH

(7 Posts)
bradleycooperswife Sun 24-Feb-13 11:28:48

Hi, anyone have any experiences they feel happy to share? Good or bad, just trying to get some insight before making any decisions.

The midwife led birthing unit there is absolutely lovely. I spent most of my labour there and it was wonderful. Unfortunatly due to complications got transfered to central delivery ended up in broken stirrups. Midwife was really good though. Wasn't very keen on the ward either but that may have just been me as I'm quite private and I'd had a bit of a hard time. Breastfeeding support was there in the form of breastfeeding network.

bradleycooperswife Sat 02-Mar-13 17:19:10

Thank you, I'll be 40 at edd & this, already been told they like to induce ladies of my age so think mlbu is off my list already. Not relishing the thought of induction given the links to long labour, instrument use & eventual emcs in ladies over 40...... Seeing consultant in a few weeks so we'll see what he thinks!

I just avoided induction went in to labour the day before but despite only G&A nearly ended up with intervention so I think a lot of it's just luck of the draw so to speak.

Poppywillow Sat 27-Apr-13 23:31:47

Hi, I know this is an old thread but just in case you are still checking, I have two children both born at WSH the first in the central delivery suit & 2nd in the MLBU. Honestly the 2nd was better but that was probably because I was more confident. I asked for an epidural with my first baby & they said I was coping with the pain! I was coping but only because I had no choice, my advice is to be really firm about what you would like. Good luck, I hope it all goes smoothly for you & that you avoid being induced.

bradleycooperswife Tue 30-Apr-13 10:52:18

Hi, yes still checking! Due in summer, had cons appt & discussion re delivery methods, no decision made, back at 36 wks for another chat. Will remember to be firm too! Thank you

KitCat26 Sat 11-May-13 13:40:31

I've had two babies at the west suffolk.

DD1 2009 CDS- I had a forceps delivery and no pain relief (wouldn't recommend it!). I think I was in shock for quite a while afterwards. The hospital were ok but rubbish with food. I didn't get a proper meal until 36hours after DD was born! The maternity ward is a fast moving place so I guess it makes meal planning difficult.

DD2 2011 theatre- I was under consultant care due to a bad tear the first time round. Had an amazing, wonderful, elective section. The after care was excellent too. And I got to choose my dinner before I had the op grin.

I had a mixed experience with the consultants though. One said I was unlikely to tear again so should try a vaginal birth. The other consultant I saw (at 36wks) was excellent and booked me in for a section and said it would be best given the symptoms I had.

Good luck, hope it all goes smoothly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now