Book Club

(17 Posts)
DaffodilsandSnow Mon 18-Nov-13 09:50:25

In keen to start a Book Club in Hadleigh, Suffolk. I'm looking for some like minded people who fancy meeting up once a month for low key book chat and also general chit chat. It wouldn't be anything too formal nor too literary!

Anyone interested please PM me.

LESuffolk Mon 18-Nov-13 14:46:40

Would you consider posting this on our Facebook page too? Here it is.

I can tweet your request too if you would like or tweet me on @mumsnetsuffolk and I will retweet.

These boards are still pretty quiet but we will get there. I have been busy promoting them as the new Local Editor and hopefully traffic will soon pick up.

DaffodilsandSnow Mon 18-Nov-13 22:48:18

Yes I will have a look at the Facebook page, thanks for the suggestion.

If you could tweet my request that would be fab too.

LESuffolk Tue 19-Nov-13 16:47:50

I will do.

LESuffolk Tue 19-Nov-13 16:50:09

Have done -[[ here].

DaffodilsandSnow Tue 19-Nov-13 19:12:51

Thank you.

LESuffolk Wed 20-Nov-13 08:44:33

I have tweeted quite a few Hadleigh organisations this morning w/ links to this page. Fingers crossed!

Hadleighleftie Wed 20-Nov-13 09:13:12

I have seen your message via a tweet sent by mumsnet. I would be interested in a book group. I don't get much time to read so would welcome a group run by people who are generally a bit too busy to read! Would you do it via the message board or are you looking to meet up and have a real face to face group? I look forward to hearing from you

suffolklibraries Wed 20-Nov-13 09:32:33

Hi -- if you are looking for a venue you could contact Hadleigh Library. We can also set you up with a special book group account so you can borrow more books.

Some links:

Hadleigh Library:
Setting up a reading group:
Book lists:

Leon, Suffolk Libraries

DaffodilsandSnow Wed 20-Nov-13 10:10:51

Thank you LESuffolk and suffolklibraries.

Great to hear from you Hadleighleftie. I was ideally wanting a face to face group to talk about books but also a bit of a social meet up. I guess I would need at least 5 or 6 people initially so will look at other avenues to recruit members. I will keep in touch though.

LESuffolk Wed 20-Nov-13 11:29:05

I'll keep plugging away Daffodils.

Thanks to SuffolkLibraries and Hadleighleftie for helping out so promptly.

The Coffee Shop at Kersey Mill tweeted me offering you the use of their venue as a meeting place too. With Honeyed Carrot soup on the menu today. I'd be tempted to travel from BSE too!

DaffodilsandSnow Wed 20-Nov-13 19:00:08

Thank you LESuffolk. The soup sounds divine!

charleylarlie Wed 20-Nov-13 19:32:18

Hi Daffodils. I might be interested. I live near Needham Market. Would it be a daytime or evening thing? Only I'm a sahm to a 2.5 year old little boy.

DaffodilsandSnow Wed 20-Nov-13 21:35:54

Evenings would suit me best. I was thinking wine and chat so it may have to be evening to get away with that ;-). My thinking was one evening every month or so.

LESuffolk Thu 21-Nov-13 08:18:22

Hi Daffodil -This is a C+P of a tweet I received in reply to my request for book club members-

@MumsnetSuffolk Hi there yes it would be good if you could get in touch. Could you email me at

Hope that helps.

DaffodilsandSnow Thu 21-Nov-13 14:57:00

Thank you LESuffolk I will send them a message.

charleylarlie Fri 22-Nov-13 20:43:46

Sounds good, Daffodils. Keep me posted. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now