Moving to Woodbridge from London this summer

(11 Posts)
GardeningCaroline Mon 16-May-16 21:34:10

Hi, we've finally taken the plunge and decided to move to the Woodbridge area from SW London this summer to be nearer family and hopefully get a more coastal/rural/relaxed upbringing for our kids. I was wondering if there was anyone out there in a similar situation - we have three kids, a boy Year 4, a girl currently Year 1 and a 3 year old girl. Thanks for reading!

gardeningsarah Tue 17-May-16 20:50:20

Not in the same situation as my children are secondary school age, but welcome to East Suffolk. Woodbridge is a lovely town. Are you renting or buying? as family homes tend to sell pretty quickly around here.

GardeningCaroline Wed 18-May-16 14:41:53

Hi, I think we might have a hobby in common! We are renting at first as we're not 100% sure where we want to end up, and our house at this end hasn't sold yet unfortunately. We're hoping that once the EU referendum is out of the way things will start moving! That's interesting to hear about things moving quickly, looking at the houses online it looks like there's not huge amounts on at the moment. We are hoping that we will sell in the next year nd then be in a strong position to buy when the right place comes along. I hear Hasketon and Grundisburgh are nice villages, any thoughts on other nice villages west/south west of Woodbridge would be great to hear!

gardeningsarah Wed 18-May-16 15:34:38

Yes we might have a hobby in common but unfortunately I never seem to have to much time to enjoy it these days! Little and Great Bealings could be worth looking at, Little Bealings has a primary school which is OFSTED outstanding and is usually over subscribed. But be aware if you decide to live in Bealings and use state for secondary schools the feeder school is Kesgrave High School and not Farlingaye in Woodbridge. Both schools by the way are very good.

Grundisburgh as a village has a shop & post office and a pub and seems to have a lot happening in it.

Good idea to rent, as you will then get a better feel for the place and then you will be ready to go once you find somewhere.

Mombie85 Sat 16-Jul-16 08:02:25

Hello! Great plan! We moved three months ago to Alderton, a village by the coast and a 20min drive to Woodbridge. We have two boys aged 3.5 and 1.5. My eldest has started at the nursery class in Bawdsey school. It's beautiful here! smile

LottieJenkins Sat 16-Jul-16 21:56:29

Mombie! My sister runs the shop in Alderton! smile

Mombie85 Sat 16-Jul-16 22:33:18

Oh fab! Small world!! Where abouts are you based LottieJenkins? X

Knittedfrog Sat 16-Jul-16 22:41:47

You lucky thing, I love Woodbridge! Schools are fab and a really friendly vibe.

CraftyBaba Sat 16-Jul-16 23:05:33

The whole area is just glorious, do look at Framlingham and the surrounding villages too. We went to Grunsburgh Fete today and it was lovely. You'll really enjoy living round here!

LottieJenkins Sun 17-Jul-16 07:26:10

I'm in a village between Stradbroke and Halesworth.

GardeningCaroline Sun 17-Jul-16 22:16:55

Thanks! Lovely to hear all the positive things. Love Grundisburgh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now