Local Talk

Wise women Friends Wanted (West Suffolk/North Essex Area) !!!

(6 Posts)
lollyrocket Sat 10-Nov-12 17:59:26

Hi I've been on maternity leave for nearly a year but haven't been fortunate enough to meet interesting women who don't want to talk about babies all the time! I'm 40 with a 10 month old son...and classified as a older mum but young at heart!! But yet I have acquired years of wisdom. I live in the Steeple Bumpstead area near Haverhill but would love to meet women in their 30's or 40's who know how to have a laugh and not take themselves so seriously!!! I'd be willing to travel up to 30 minutes for a meet up so that would take me to Saffron Walden, Cambridge, Ickworth BSE. I return to work in mid December so would like to say a year has passed and I've met some genuine people.
Lorraine

Millie1986 Sat 24-Nov-12 01:12:12

You are about 10 minutes away from me, but I'm not a mum and am only 26 so don't really meet your criteria. But if you would like to meet one day then I'd be up for it.

Sparklegirl123 Wed 26-Dec-12 19:18:04

Hi, I've just moved to Steeple Bumpstead, I'm 46 and have 2 boys, and wondered if you fancy meeting up? I see you're back at work now so maybe don't have time but do message me if you're up for it - I don't know a soul here!

OnTheBorder Sat 12-Jan-13 15:30:15

Hello. I'm in a village near Haverhill and an older mum too :-). My son is 4 and at school. I have just stopped full time work and so for the first time in over 20 years I have a bit of time on my hands.
Would be happy to meet up with like minded folks in the area :-)

I'm in Sudbury, 31 with a 15 month old son. I work part time, don't have but would love some mummy friends.

lollyrocket Wed 18-Sep-13 12:52:21

Hi Sparkle Im so sorry..I've just been dippy and kept on forgetting to check then when I did check I couldn't find my username and login details. I'm still interested in meeting with people as my husband and I have been living here for 2 yearsa and not met anyone. I try to go to the parent and toddler group in Helions Bumpstead Friday mornings 10-12 it's a nice group there but still hard to push the conversation on from babies so if you want to pop along or meet me in the soft play centre on a Thursday or Friday morning. It would be lovely to meet you. Since my son is attached to my hip on my days off it's not easy to meet up in a coffee shop but it's do-able! If we get on I can leave my hubby and we can meet up over the weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now