Local Talk

Walking with a dog and buggy

(16 Posts)
Nev77 Thu 01-Sep-11 13:41:57

does anyone know of any walking groups for walks with buggy and dog? I'm looking for more exciting walks than the ones I currently do! Anyone want to start a group?

lozzy14 Wed 14-Sep-11 10:35:37

Yes I would be interested to do this with you. I live in Alton but willing to travel.

Nev77 Tue 20-Sep-11 20:03:01

excellent! i'm at Odiham so it's easy to meet half way ....

alp Wed 21-Sep-11 21:19:02

Hello I live in Sandhurst and would like to join if poss? I'm a but further away but can travel!

Nev77 Wed 28-Sep-11 20:58:37

Anyone can join! There are loads of options - what about meeting in the cafe of Alice Holt Forest at 2pm on 7th October? I'll be the one with an excited black and white dog and a (hopefully) asleep baby! Does that work??
Eleanor

HattiFattner Wed 28-Sep-11 21:02:36

I recommend Ash Ranges also - and Lakeside is a nice 4/5 mile walk too. Also there are some lovely walks around Tilford.

Sarah5656 Thu 29-Sep-11 17:24:19

We go over to Ash ranges as live just around the corner, also do Tilford too.
Where abouts do you get to the Lakeside walk?
Be nice to try somewhere different! smile

HattiFattner Thu 29-Sep-11 20:55:17

hi sarah,

We "jump on" to the lakeside walk either by walking along the canal from government road up towards ash - then at the point where you cross the A331, detour off and through lakeside.

Alternatively, start at Ash Vale station, and walk down through the woods towards ash and back round shawfield rd.

We have also walked the tow path from Vale furnishers up to the ranges, which is a nice little walk and buggy friendly!

Aldershot park has just been revamped and you can walk from Tongham village through to badshot lea very safely with some nice even paths and some pretty woodlands. Tongham woods is nice but not very big - just a circular walk next to the motorway.

For a slightly more challenging walk, have you done the north downs way from Seale towards puttenham? Up to the halfway mark, its reasonably buggy friendly - just 2 kissing gates to traverse. Easier for baby in a sling, and just gorgeous scenery (plus you get to gawp at the posh houses...!). in summer, you have to watch out for ahem gentlemen from the hogs back who frequent the area while cruising...

HattiFattner Sat 01-Oct-11 08:05:17

scratch that - not Ash Vale station, North Camp! Doh!

Nev77 Mon 03-Oct-11 09:25:23

Okey dokey girls - shall we start with Alice Holt as is very easy with buggy and we can branch out later?

sittinghippo Wed 05-Oct-11 19:50:07

I'm up for a walk to Alice Holt, Nev, problem is I am dogless at the moment, if you can excuse that I would love a bit of fresh air, with buggy and bound-to-be-wide-awake baby. You still plan to meet this Friday?

Nev77 Thu 06-Oct-11 21:24:48

Sorry small change can no longer do tomorrow why don't you come up with a couple of possible dates for a meet up?

Biggem Mon 10-Oct-11 22:17:01

Hiya,
I'm in Eversley and would love a walking buddy? smile

Nev77 Mon 17-Oct-11 19:50:47

sorry it's taken ages to get back to you - time really does fly doesn't it?! where do you walk biggem? am going on holiday for the first two weeks of november but let me know if you're up for something from then on

CherylV Mon 14-May-12 14:36:33

Hi

Just wondering if anyone still does this? I'm due in July, have a big friendly dog and would love to go out walking with other Mum's whilst I'm on mat leave as there are so many lovely walks in the area.. I'm in the Aldershot area if anyone fancies meeting up?
Cheryl

Newtothisstuff Tue 19-Jun-12 10:27:21

I'd be up for this too.. I'm in Aldershot

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now