Local Talk

Where to take little one - help desperately needed

(6 Posts)
JamesIsMyUserName Sat 17-Mar-12 09:31:12

Hello all lovely mumsnetters - I'm a separated Dad in need of some much needed advice.

I come up from London to see my son (2yrs) each Saturday and Sunday in Farnborough. Unfortunately I get minimal access time of 4 hours or less each day (not enough time for trips to London). Not having or able to afford a base in Farnborough, I'm often stuck for appropriate places to take my son. My family also come to visit him and unfortunately there's only so long you can stay in a restaurant. I really don't want to be wandering the streets for the rest of our precious time!

Does anyone know of suitable places to go on a Saturday and a Sunday in the Farnborough area or there about's - I have thought of renting a church hall each week... but that's clutching at straws really.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks
James

blue2 Mon 19-Mar-12 15:53:16

Hi James
The place you need to go is Fizzy Kids in North Camp, Farnborough
www.fizzykids.co.uk

TBH, its been a few years since I've been, but it still seems to be open. Looks like they do food, too.

crunchbag Tue 20-Mar-12 21:03:35

Fizzy Kids is good but very busy in the weekend, especially with birthday parties. Farnborough leisure centre has a soft play area and a swimming pool.
There is also the aviation museum or watching planes on the airport. Walks along the Basingstoke canal, Southwood wood and Queen Elizabeth Park

Or a bit further, Alice Holt Forest park or Bird World in Farnham

ojbsmum Mon 16-Apr-12 21:27:32

Just down the road in Aldershot:
Check out the Children's Centres (Sunflowers, Park, Owls)- they sometimes do Saty and play sessions.

We love exploring 'the woods', either Rowhills Nature Reserve or the MOD land around Rushmoor Arena and the Wellington Statue.

Badshot Lea Garden Centre (animals to look at, a small playground and a cafe, ideal for an hour or two!)

Further afield -
Birdworld
Alice Holt
The Lookout/Coral Reef in Bracknell

JamesIsMyUserName Wed 18-Apr-12 06:52:34

Thanks very much ladies. That's all very kind of you to reply and so incredibly helpful. Mumsnet rules!

James

melnich Tue 16-Oct-12 14:20:53

Apologies, late to this thread but if you're still reading don't forget about the aeroplane museum: http://www.airsciences.org.uk/museum.html
My little boys love it and it's freeeee!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now