Local Talk

Oxted - place to live with chidren - help:)

(6 Posts)
Martusia2242 Tue 08-May-12 12:08:06

Good Mornin

My name is Marta and am mum of 2year old, my husband and I wanna move out from London as we have enough this city smile

I would like to live in nice,green and safe place and when we found Oxted it sims as very nice place.

My questions are- are there any good nurseries? schools ? and I would like to know if is there any chance for activites for children ( swimmpol , maybe playground? ) I know that maybe sounds silly as you can find this in net but its really better to know this from people smile)

smile))

LIZS Tue 08-May-12 18:21:56

If you look on the Tandridge Council website you'll find lots of info. There is a leisure centre with pool, small private theatre, library, baby/toddler groups meeting at the Community Hall, a park etc. Schools are ok (though some use nearby ones in Limpsfield and Tandridge). The Larks is a local nursery attached to a private school and there is another off the main street. If you visit look fro a magazien call ed the Grapevine which is a local listing for all local places and activities child-related.

Martusia2242 Tue 08-May-12 20:27:18

Thank you very much for your answersmile

Do you live there? do you like to live there?

LIZS Tue 08-May-12 21:10:08

No, it is just somewhere to shop occasionally. Nice enough area but property not particularly cheap.

Becca86 Wed 09-May-12 22:07:44

Hi Martusia2242,

I am a nanny in the local area. Master park is a good park to take the children to and Tandridge Leisure centre has a nice pool for the children. It even has a wave machine and a slide :-)

There is Tumbletots and Jo Jingles locally and Godstone farm is a great place to spend the day! Not too far away in Edenbridge is a soft play centre called Manic Monsters which is great fun!

Depending on your circumstances, there is a private school in Oxted called Hazelwood which starts from preschool age. Hazelwood school has a rather good reputation and they always seem to be holding some kind of social event for parents!

I hope this helps you out. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Martusia2242 Mon 21-May-12 21:52:12

I also thought to open travel agencysmile with holidays for families and honeymoon, do you think is good idea?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now