Local Talk

Haslemere part time nanny

(6 Posts)
chippychops Wed 23-Jan-13 13:56:13

Hello,
Just wondering where all the nannies/childminders do most of their advertising in Haslemere? Am moving there at the beginning of March and looking for a nanny for 2 full days a week on Thursdays and Fridays for my 19 mth daughter.
If anyone out there can recommend anyone, I would very be very grateful! Or if there is such thing is a local newsletter where people advertise that would also be handy to know about. Otherwise, can anyone recommend childcare.co.uk before I sign up to the monthly fee?
Thanks!

Gypsy12 Fri 01-Feb-13 13:38:04

Hello, I can't answer your question specifically but I have noticed that findababysitter website seems to have more nannies listed than childcare.co.uk but it might be worth trying both.

I hope you have some luck quickly. It's so stressful trying to sort out childcare! We recently moved to Haslemere too and after a disastrous experience with an au pair and mother in law combination, my 18 month old is now extremely happy at Caring Daycare two days a week. It's a bit of a squeeze making sure one of us gets home in time to pick him up in the evenings though!

Good luck. It's a brilliant place for toddlers. You'll love it.

chippychops Fri 08-Feb-13 11:51:04

Oh yes, the dilhema I'm having as to whether is its worth keeping my part time position in London! I'm hoping I can find a lovely temperory nanny/babysitter and then work it out from there. Nursery has been so good for her confidence, but the caring daycare is a 5 minute drive which will make our mornings/evenings pretty hectic.
Thanks for the recommendation of findababysitter. Am going to check it out now and set up some interviews. Hopefully I don't come accorss your disasterious au pair!

Gypsy12 Fri 08-Feb-13 14:35:25

Sounds like you're in same boat as me. I'm part time in London too. I adore the commute but never sure if the travel costs etc make it a bit pointless.

What I need is a babysitter I can call on ad hoc at a moments notice for an hour or so but sadly I don't think they exist hmm

Good luck in your search and don't worry, I saw my au pair safely onto a plane home!

LeighR Wed 10-Apr-13 10:28:13

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

hwise05 Wed 23-Oct-13 20:40:55

Hiya mums, us babysitters are out there! I use gumtree to advertise my childcare services.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now