Local Talk

Schools in Surrey

(3 Posts)
Bhavli Mon 28-Jan-13 14:12:02

Can anyone suggest me the good public schools( both primary and secondary )in Woking, Ashted, Sutton. My daughter is in year 7; Grammar schools are good but when they take the entrance exam? Can my daughter give the test even in next month if we decide to move there. I found that only grammar schools has 100% result. Do you any schools which has 100 % result and excellent performance. BTW my husband is working in Leatherhead. I'm really confused with the offsted reports.

Bekabeech Mon 28-Jan-13 14:33:46

For a start you mean state school not public school which is something different.
Grammar schools will have already had their entrance exams and you will only get a space in a state grammar if one becomes available, which is unlikely.

However if your child is bright enough to get into a Grammar school, then they will/should be one of the children getting 5 good GCSEs including Maths and English as a comprehensive (even one with as low as 40% getting these qualifications).

Whatever, you will be applying as a late applicant or an in year applicant. You also need to be aware that whilst Woking and Ashtead are in Surrey (LA), Sutton is in the London Borough of Sutton.
If your daughter is in year 7, so 11 or 12 years old, you will be applying as an in year applicant, and will get a place based on which schools have room. Although you can appeal for the school of your choice.

For good general advice on the UK education system I would suggest posting on the Mumsnet Education boards.

Bhavli Mon 04-Feb-13 22:34:57

Thanks very much!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now