Local Talk

Just moved to Godalming - any tips on some good places to go?

(9 Posts)
EmNewbieMum Sun 10-Feb-13 20:49:50

Im 39 + 2 so keen to find some great pregnancy yoga classes and beyond, and just generally find some great places to hang out ....can anyone recommend anywhere? Be nice to meet some new local mums too smile

Notnigella34 Sun 10-Feb-13 21:44:22

Have you found Mummas and Beans yet? They do lots of ante natal and post natal classes and loads for babies and toddlers. There is a lovely cafe there too.
http://www.mummasandbeans.co.uk/

Godalming NCT is very active too and have lots of ativities...i think Guildford NCT do a relax, stretch and breathe yoga ish type class...there should be details on their web page. Once your little one is here, there is an NCT Bumps and Babes group which runs weekly in the Wilfrid Noyce centre in town. If you search on facebook for Godalming and Cranleigh District NCT and like their page then you will get regular updates.

Hope that helps xxxx

EmNewbieMum Mon 11-Feb-13 12:05:06

That's fab, thank you! Will check both out.

ButtonBoo Tue 19-Feb-13 20:54:19

We only just moved here at Xmas and I've been keeping my eyes peeled. Lots of young families but not an excessive amount to do with little'uns.

Second Mummas and Beans - they've got lots of classes for mums to be too.

The Library does 'Rhyme Time' on Tues and Fri mornings. My DD is 16mo now and she's by far the oldest when we go. Lots of 4+ mo babies.

Good luck with the imminent arrival. Hope it's smooth running and pain free ;-)

ButtonBoo Tue 19-Feb-13 20:55:44

Oh, and the new soft play in the scout hit behind (ish) the Slug & Lettuce. But can't imagine your newbie being ready for sliding down foam wedges and jumping in ball pits for some months yet!

Notnigella34 Wed 27-Feb-13 23:02:56

Button Boo.....Godalming NCT do a meet at Farncombe Funzone on the first thurs of the month and are starting a monthly welly walk on Wednesdays in March. Like Godalming and Cranleigh District NCT on Facebook for updates. There are loads of toddler groups too....wednesdays in Farncombe Community center, Thursdays in St Johns in Farncombe, Mon and Wed Octots in St Peter and St Pauls Church in town, Weds in United Church in Bridge St.....Mummas and Beans rhyme time is really good too..my 16mo old was fine there smile
The childrens centers do lots of groups too...Loseley Fields, The Wharf town site and the Wharf Eashing Lane site...he latter of which has lovely outdoor facilities.
The dads sessions at Loseley are really good too...i dispatch DH once a month with our eldest! Next one is 16th March 10-1130.

Dededum Sat 02-Mar-13 19:34:04

Red Hot Yoga in Guildford do pregnancy yoga, though obviously not in a heated room.

LoftyAndWendy Sat 02-Mar-13 20:23:43

The Waterstones is pretty child friendly.

The Tiny Talk franchise started in Guildford so if you fancy baby signing, you're in a good area!

Busylizzymum Wed 06-Mar-13 13:26:01

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now