Local Talk

Epsom near Epsom Downs/West Ewell

(9 Posts)
HaydonWomble Thu 14-Mar-13 11:16:03

Hi, parents are considering relocating to this area and are looking at some fab properties in this area. As they are elderly they would like to have accessible shops/facilities/bus routes within walking distance (although they do of course have a car). Could anyone let me know what's around and about? I am presuming, with Epsom Downs and the race course near by, that there will be shops/pubs/cafes/bars?

Thanks for your help!

Epsomite Sun 17-Mar-13 17:23:42

If they are on the Downs, they are quite a walk into Epsom itself, and there isn't much up on the Downs itself - a toyshop, butcher, convenience store, cafe, chip shop! (all near Tattenham Corner station). They would need transport to get into Epsom from the Downs. West Ewell would be accessible to Ewell Village possibly, though that would depend where they were, and there is plenty in Ewell Village.

HaydonWomble Sun 17-Mar-13 20:00:56

Thanks for your help - much appreciated!

Epsomite Sun 17-Mar-13 21:23:42

No problem - I live in Epsom so any other questions, let me know!

HaydonWomble Mon 18-Mar-13 07:49:01

smile

HaydonWomble Mon 18-Mar-13 20:29:25

Hi had a look around and like the look of the Longsdown Roads North and South and the Links Road area. As an Epsomite where would you rate to live that's smart, not too far from town centre and where properties are in the £650,000 - £900,000 range.

Looked at some properties that were within this price range but in really quite mixed if not slightly tatty (by parents' standards) areas. I could only imagine the relatively high price tags were related to proximity to sought after schools.

Epsomite Tue 19-Mar-13 11:54:19

Nice areas in that range would be around the AA Club/Golf course (wilmerhatch lane) - it's a good 20 min walk into town though.

Alternatively there are some lovely properties in the Ridgeway/West Hill/Lower Hill road/Hookfield areas which are 10 min walk from town, though there there is a schools premium there for being near Stamford Green. This is probably a good place to focus as this is a very nice area close to town.

Epsom house prices are high, because of the combination of good schools/commutability, neither of which are necessary for your parents I would imagine! Our house cost in your price range and while its lovely, it has a small garden (newish build) and I don't know whether you would regard the area as "smart" (property all 13 years old or newer).

HaydonWomble Tue 19-Mar-13 16:40:45

Thank you for your feedback, Epsomite. It is much appreciated!

HaydonWomble Wed 27-Mar-13 06:42:25

Can anyone recommend a good architect in the area please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now