Local Talk

What is it like to live in Epsom, Banstead, Cheam...??

(5 Posts)
cakehappy Tue 09-Apr-13 09:30:11

Hi! Am thinking of moving to this area, am currently living in SW london, and looking at the properties on-line, it seems you can rent a nice house for a reasonable price (compared to where I am now!!) How is Epsom, Banstead, Cheam,ect...to live for a young family?? How are the schools? We were originally looking at Regiate, Dorking, but the prices have shot up, the schools are packed and the commute not brilliant for waterloo so we need to find a new plan! We have 1 DS (18 months) and another on the way so I have to start considering schools as well... We would need to be living close to the stations as my DH commutes into the city. Any advice would be mucho appreciated!

Poems Mon 15-Apr-13 23:06:18

I've PM-ed you.

dantescraps Mon 03-Jun-13 21:00:39

I'd love to tag onto this post as my family and I are relocating to UK from the US in a month. We have almost 3 yr old twin boys and are looking for family-friendly towns with great schools. My husband only has to go into the city 1-2x a week. Thanks in advance!

BillComptonstrousers Mon 03-Jun-13 21:10:57

I've just moved from Banstead, nice village, lots of nice shops, Waitrose, Zizzi's, prezzo etc. My DD2 went to Banstead juniors and it was a nice little school, I think the infants next door is rated outstanding. Banstead station is a bit rubbish, I used to drive 5 mins to sutton and get the 30 min train into Victoria. My DD3 is 15 months and I used to go to some nice toddler groups. I'll pm if you need any details smile

dantescraps Mon 03-Jun-13 23:56:56

Thank you (sorry for taking over the post Cakehappy). Are there any parts that are to be avoided? I think everything we've been looking at has been more toward Ewell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now