Local Talk

School information for Purley/ Purley Oaks area please

(4 Posts)
ClumsyMaman Thu 02-May-13 13:50:56

Hello,

I am looking for information on good primary schools for the Purley/ Purley Oaks area. Hubby currently has a long commute and we wonder if commuting from the Purley area may help his commute time (we are currently in the Redhill/Reigate area). But of course school is ever on our minds. A quick google shows that there are several fee-paying and religious schools. We are not religious, and unfortunately fee-paying schools are not an option either.

Thanks in advance.

bookluva Sat 11-May-13 12:06:03

Hi! not from that neck of the woods but i do know that Purley comes under the borough of Croyden - you'd probably get a better overview by googling Croydon Education Authority and seeing what comes up in the state sector. You'll then be on a better position to research OFSTED reports and this should help to give you an idea of what the schools are like. Remember to think long term as well as you'll also want to be in a catchment area for decent secondary schools. Good luck!

SandersteadMum Thu 16-May-13 12:17:19

Hi, I think Purley schools are generally religious, to the extent that there is a queue to get children baptised! If you go up the hill to Sanderstead the schools are not religious. You could ask in the Local Croydon page: local.mumsnet.com/croydon

ClumsyMaman Sun 19-May-13 18:08:42

Ah thanks very much for the info.

And great advice re secondary school. I am so focused on primary school, that it did not occur to me to look at the question on a long term basis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now