Local Talk

Kitchen Advice

(12 Posts)
luckycharm2 Thu 02-May-13 15:33:41

Hiya,

I am planning on getting my Kitchen and Bathroom re done soon, I was wondering if anyone could recommend any Bathroom suppliers who are good, I have already been recommended to Kitchens at Sunbury Cross by a friend of mine who had her kitchen done by them and loves it, and after going there and spending time with them I can see why!
However I am struggling to find a Bathroom showroom that has products that I actually love and who the sales team actually listen to you and are not just seeing you as commission. If anyone could let me know of any good bathroom showrooms locally I would be grateful. Thank you smile

YVRtoLHR Thu 02-May-13 20:44:53

I would also be interested to hear any recommendations for kitchen or bathroom suppliers as well as reputable builders in the Reigate / Surrey area!

luckycharm2 Fri 03-May-13 14:23:33

The builder that we are using is John Shopland, he is brilliant he will give you a free quote so you can find out if he is right for you. I can give you his number if you like. I would advise you to go with Kitchens @ Sunbury, if you give them a ring they will come to you!
Let me know if you hear of any good bathroom suppliers smile

kingstoncherry Sun 05-May-13 07:14:20

Re kitchens, lovely company advertising with us on Kingston site, www.kitchensuponthames.co.uk/. Worth a contact maybe to see what they can do!

Local Editor

luckycharm2 Tue 14-May-13 13:46:42

I have been there, they charge to do a design and to be honest they were not that helpful, thank you though.

hantshobo Wed 22-May-13 00:56:23

Not sure of your exact whereabouts but we will be ordering our kitchen from Howdens
We had one of their kitchen in our previous place and were sad to see it go!
DP is a builder and will fit it himself but they came and measured up and did plans for free smile
Good luck, hope you find something that suits you soon!

ClumsyMaman Tue 28-May-13 13:08:21

Hello Luckycharm,

We did a wet room a couple of years ago and used E&B Bathroom showroom, who are based in Horley. They were recommended by a good friend. They managed the whole project for us.

They have a local showroom in Horley, but due to the size did not have everything on show, but with the help of catalogues and visits to other bathroom showrooms, we knew what design we wanted. They offered us the design service, which was free (bear in mind that was 2 years ago, so don't know if that has changed).

When we were looking for quotes, we also approached J. Mizon (now known as House of building). Their quote was on par with E&B, but they were not too keen on doing a wet room (which was what we wanted) and kept pushing up towards a shower tray option.

Good luck with the work.

wlodge Fri 31-May-13 07:21:31

Dear Lucky Charm
We are based in Shepperton. We supply and fit bathrooms and kitchens. Free design service and drawings. Very competitve. We cover all areas of Surrey and South London. We can supply references or you can view some of our projects. For a free no obligation visit call Caroline at Walton Lodge on 01932 269866 or 07917 275415.

wlodge Fri 31-May-13 07:31:31

Dear Yvrtolhr
I notice you are looking for a builder.
We carryout all forms of building work, extensions, loft conversions etc. We have are currently nearing completion of a loft conversion in Guildford, working on fitting bathrooms and kitchen on a 16th century house in Oxshott Surrey and have bathroom and kitchen projects ongoing in Putney. If you would like to discuss your project in more detail please call Caroline at Walton Lodge on 01932 269866 or 07917 275415

Samantha13 Tue 18-Jun-13 00:03:05

Hiya,

I just wanted to pass on who I bought my stunning kitchen from!

This company is brilliant, honest and hard working - if anyone is dreaming of a truly bespoke kitchen (without the massive price tag) then you've got to try The English Rose Kitchen Company - www.the-english-rose.co.uk

I cant stop telling everyone I know how happy I am!!! (My husbands friends have got a Martin Moore Kitchen and we think ours looks a hundred times better!!!!!!!) :-)

leebee24 Mon 29-Jul-13 17:38:45

hello samantha13
Having read your suggestion I have asked English Rose kitchen company for a quote. I have even been to visit their workshop. They seem really lovely people but did you get a kitchen from them? Can you recommend their work or do you know anyone who has actually got an ERKC kitchen and would recommend them?

Samantha13 Thu 22-Aug-13 10:47:00

Hi LeeBee24.

Sorry for the late response!

Yes, we have a kitchen from The English Rose and its beautiful!! We are both so happy with it and they're attention to detail (design & installation) was amazing!

I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THEM!!

Oooo, I loved going to their workshop, we found it very exciting to see how our perfect kitchen was going to be made - What did you think?

Good luck with your kitchen!! :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now