Local Talk

Moving to Woodham?

(5 Posts)
JsMumm Mon 06-May-13 22:23:25

We am looking to move out of London & were thinking of moving into Woodham area. We don't know anyone who lives locally so was wondering if any you lovely local mums know anything about this area- safety? Schools (is it in catchment for West Byfleet infant/junior), how are the surrounding areas - any council estates etc? Thank you in advance for your response.

henstooth Sat 11-May-13 09:16:48

Hi - we live in West Byfleet and love it (opposite side of the railway line from Woodham). Catchment for W Byfleet school is quite tight (less than 1km I think but you can check on Surrey Council website) - so it would depend where in Woodham you were looking.

We looked at a couple of houses in Woodham - the only thing that put me off was getting to the station in the winter time, as there was only a dimly lit path along the canal - which I wasn't keen on.

JsMumm Sun 12-May-13 20:48:51

Hi! Thank you for responding. Yes WB is lovely, but nothing availableat the mo that we like/ in our budget & close to the school. Good point re walk from station, didn't think of it! Will maybe start looking at other areas around. How is Ottershaw?

MrsBIrchy Sun 12-May-13 20:56:23

Yes be really careful about Woodhan, some parts are in no school catchment whatsoever, and some parts are in the schools in Sheerwater, not what you probably want.

mrscottini Tue 14-May-13 07:58:51

Hello! I live in Woodham and DS scraped into WB thus time round. If you make sure WB is your nearest school (use Surrey CC website) then you are fine. I walk to the station over the canal and its lovely. You are on catchment for The Grange in New Haw and the Marist in West Byfleet this year. Ottershaw is nice but a pain if you want to get the train.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now