Local Talk

Moving to Rowledge, help!

(5 Posts)
Ethelrose Tue 21-May-13 20:48:34

Are there any Rowledge mums out there?
We are likely to be moving there this summer and I am hoping it will be less scarily quiet than it seems to be every time I drive through the village!
Any reassurance greatly appreciated.

FMDFarnham Wed 22-May-13 09:51:38

Hi there,

I live in Rowledge and I can reassure you that there is loads going on for families, from toddler groups to Friday night junior cricket - great for the kids and the parents. Like you we moved from London and have never looked back. If there are any specific questions, do ask...Sara

Ethelrose Wed 22-May-13 16:56:01

Thanks Sara, that's good to hear. Did you have children at either of the nursery schools in the village? I'm not sure which I prefer as they both seem good, but one gets an outstanding Ofsted and the other doesn't. And the primary school, do you have children there? Thank you :-)

kingstoncherry Thu 23-May-13 21:38:38

Sara, would you consider being a Local Ambassador for your area and arranging some meet-ups for parents like Ethelrose? Could be brew or wine based! Would Farnham be your nearest town?

Take a look at this link:

http://local.mumsnet.com/surrey/meet-ups

Feel free to contact me via kingston@mumsnetlocal.com for more info.

Cherry, Local Editor

NickTheNanny Sun 02-Jun-13 22:00:11

I used to nanny in Rowledge (well very near, technically the house was in Farnham). Whist it was quite some time ago (9 years), the pre-school at the village hall back then was good. Think it still exists, though not sure if it is what you are referring to as a nursery school. Older children went to the primary school and seemed to do well there. Parking was a bit of a nightmare, doubt that has changed and it's often the case around schools.

Great location for going for walks in Alice Holt woods.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now