Local Talk

Hello godalming people

(3 Posts)
Gocowlike Mon 10-Jun-13 15:26:35

Can you please help me with the following? I am moving to the town in a few weeks time, to rent and eventually to buy. That's the plan. I have a baby, a toddler and a job in canary wharf, god help me.

Busbridge - it seems like a lovely area but damn its expensive! Is it worth the money to buy a house there?

If you live in Busbridge, and use the state schools, where do your children go to school? My children are at the nursery stage at the moment, but clearly I need to think ahead!

If not Bb, then where? Which other bits of town, or nearby villages, would you recommend? I need to be near a train station, and dh needs to be as near as poss to the A3. Any thoughts? Fwiw, we have chosen a nursery in the centre of town, so I feel I need to live within walking distance, but perhaps that's not going to be possible.

Thanks v much!

Dededum Tue 11-Jun-13 11:44:09

I am Guildford person. Godalming is lovely.

Busbridge junior schools upto secondary are very well thought of, but the catchment area is very tight so you need to be close.

Notnigella34 Wed 12-Jun-13 20:20:57

Hi gocowlike. Im a Godalming person too, it is a lovely place to live, especially with children as there is so much going on.
Busbridge is pricey and a lot of people choose the area for the infant and junior school. There are other good schools too, but the catchment areas vary from year to year so it can be tricky to know where to move to for good schools unless you are right on the doorstep!

Moss Lane infant school is well regarded and right in the town centre.

You could look at the Catteshall Lane area as an alternative to Busbridge. Also Bargate Wood - although you are not in a great spot for a Junior school if you head that way.

If you look on the Surrey County Council website you can find out what the catchments for different schools were this year which will give you an idea.

If you are on facebook, its worth looking up Godalming NCT as they are quite a busy branch and have lots on. Also Mummas and Beans. There is a newish page called Little Godalming which also lists loads going on locally.

Feel free to message me if you need to know anything else, or post some house links to get an idea of where things are.

NN

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now