Local Talk

Moving to Surrey - Which town?

(2 Posts)
sharona99 Sat 15-Jun-13 19:15:09

Hi there,

My husband and I will be moving to Surrey next year. I will be working at Frimley Park Hospital, Camberley and him at the Royal Brompton Hospital in South Kensington (West London).

We need to be somewhere half way between the two and ideally a 30min commute or less to both by car. We wont be using trains for commuting purposes although it would be nice to be able to get into London etc reasonably easily at weekends.

We have a 4 yr old girl, a 1 yr old son and a baby due in October so somewhere with good state schools (both primary and secondary) and nurserys is a must.

Looking on a map it looks like Chertsey/ Shepperton/ Addlestone/ Byfleet, Weybridge, Ottershaw and perhaps Cobham depending on roads are in the right region. We would like a town or a large village, nothing too remote as have lived in London for 15 years and don't want too much of shock.

We have no knowledge of Surrey at all so are feeling very out of our depth on this one. We're hoping that this will be a move for life so want to get it right first time. Any help much appreciated.

Hillary25 Tue 18-Jun-13 06:58:23

If you're catholic the Chertsey schools are fine. Much more variable if not.

Have a look at the secondaries is my suggestion. Primaries re largely v good.

Thamesmead in Shepperton and Fullbrook in New Haw are ok. Try to avoid Jubilee which regularly holds up the bottom of the league tables for the county . Jury is still out on Magna Carta, seems to be improving. A lot of schools in N Surrey are 11-16 so consider that too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now