Local Talk

Moving to Horsell in Sep, can I apply for school place now?

(2 Posts)
NZmum8 Fri 05-Jul-13 23:06:26

We've just moved back to uk from NZ and found a potential rental property in Horsell but can't move in until 6 Sep. I have an 8 yr old needing a place in year 4. We are currently living with family in Dorset but he has not been to school there yet. Do you know if I can apply to Surrey council now for a place, or do I have to wait until I've actually moved in? I will have a tenancy agreement but not a council tax no. Would I be granted a place from beginning of school term even though its a few days before we move into that address? It's in the Goldsworth school catchment area, about 300m, any chance of getting in? I have to finalise the offer tomorrow so because its a Saturday I can't ring the council for answers. Please help!

rubesmum1 Tue 20-Aug-13 15:56:22

Hello,
Have just seen your message? Did you get it sorted? We were on the waiting list even living IN the catchment area, but did get offered a place quite quickly. I believe you can go on the waiting list in your situation. Hope you got it sorted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now