Local Talk

Moving to Horsell - Cycling clubs

(4 Posts)
MrsL79 Sun 11-Aug-13 16:12:20

Hi all,

My husband and I have finally taking the plunge and are swapping our flat in SW London for a house in Surrey. My hubbie is a keen cyclist and would like to find another club locally or even just others to go out for a potter with (but the chances of him posting to a discussion board like this are those of a typical male!). While he's not someone that will race round the roads on a Sunday morning in full team kit - he does like to get some miles under his belt at a reasonable pace.

If anyone else has other halves that they lose on a Sunday morning to two wheels and a garmin it would be great to hear from you. We don't have a set moving date yet but we're hoping to be in by October.

Cheers

MrsL79 Sun 11-Aug-13 16:15:20

First post and first typo - oops!

rubesmum1 Tue 20-Aug-13 16:02:25

Hello,
We used to live in Wimbledon and dh was in Kingston Wheelers, we now live in Woking and for a long time he was not cycling due to work and just put on loads of weight cake He's just starting to get into it again, and tends to do a short route of an evening and wants to start doing the odd Sunday ride again soon. He's not in any club here, but I could ask him if he wants to tag along with your dh?

Banter Fri 23-Aug-13 20:48:23

Tell him to head through Ripley towards West Horsley, then turn left towards Leatherhead and Box Hill. There are loads of cyclists out on the Olympic route every weekend so he's bound to find a buddy or two along the way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now