Local Talk

Pyrford Primary

(5 Posts)
autumn51 Sat 17-Aug-13 20:57:24

Hello,

My husband and I have been looking at moving to Pyrford, we like the area and we also like the local C of E Primary School. However, having looked at the criteria for admissions, it appears that Church attendance is not used, instead you need to live in the parish and distance as the crow flies is used if it is over subscribed.

This came as a surprise to us and now we are concerned that unless we move very close to the school we may not get a place for our dd (currently 2yo). If anyone who lives in the area could give any advice as to how close you needed to be in current/previous years that would be much appreciated. I would phone the school but as it is the holidays I doubt I would be able to get any advice on this.

Many thanks in advance!

AddictedToPropertyApps Sat 17-Aug-13 21:01:54

Hello
Go onto the catchment map on the school website-catchment looks quite wide as it goes out to Wisley. If you are the West Byfleet side then you've got those schools too which are well-regarded. Now, if you google something like 'Surrey primary admissions' it will usually bring up a document which tells you furthest distance from the school that was allocated in the previous year.

It's a lovely area-enjoy!

autumn51 Sat 17-Aug-13 21:19:45

Hello, thanks very much! We were a bit concerned as although the catchment map is quite large, the criteria say that if it is over subscribed then they'll allocate places according to distance from home to school. I will try googling again, thanks!

autumn51 Sun 18-Aug-13 07:07:23

Hi again. Just wanted to say thanks, I found the admissions document and seems that as long as you're in the parish then you should get in.

AddictedToPropertyApps Sun 18-Aug-13 08:38:23

Oh good. Lovely butchers in Pyrford and they've just transformed the co op to a proper mini supermarket...also the Village Vintners is an independent off licence and deli that has a loyalty card scheme if you buy wine regularly (coughs politely)....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now