Local Talk

Redhill Schools, St Joseph's or St John's??

(3 Posts)
eamaxwell Thu 12-Sep-13 11:13:29

I can't decide which school to choose for my 3 year old who will be going to start school in Sep 2014. I have always wanted to send him to a catholic school because we are regular church goers and they tend to be better schools. But we are a 5 minute walk from St John's school and it seems like a lovely little school, and my son attends nursery there.
Which in your opinion is the better school? They both have similar Ofsted reports and I just can't decide. Any thoughts?

ClumsyMaman Wed 18-Sep-13 11:43:44

You are very lucky to have such a choice. Many mums here could only dream of having to choose between two schools ;).

I don't know your circumstances but if you need after school clubs, St Joseph is not great. It does not have one and you would require a childminder or use the YMCA's service. But otherwise faultless in all other regards.

Another point to consider is whether children from St Joseph have a better chance of getting into St Bede's. If so, I know which primary school I would choose!

Bonne chance,
CM

eamaxwell Wed 23-Oct-13 11:06:14

Thank you for your comment. I think I am going to put St Joseph's down as first choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now