Local Talk

Nannies / childminders in Guildford

(5 Posts)
hazbaz Tue 01-Oct-13 10:57:18

Hi apologies for being so clueless but I'm looking to go back to work after a career break & move down from London. I have a DS1 (4) who has just started primary school and a DS2 (2) who currently goes to a playgroup twice a week but would probably be at home / childminders all day.

Can someone give me an idea of how much I would be paying a childminder per hour for all day for the youngest and school drop off & pick up for the eldest (assume still have to pay for the whole day?).

How much would a nanny be looking for? Would a nanny share be easy to find in Guildford?

Thanks for your help

kingstoncherry Fri 04-Oct-13 21:22:46

Hello, how about looking through these?:

local.mumsnet.com/surrey/childcare

Local Editor

HBHK1 Wed 22-Jan-14 12:13:46

Hello

Sorry for late reply I am new to mumsnet. Just thought I cold help with some of your questions. I have a small nanny and housekeeping agency called hummingbird nannies based in surrey.

You will easily find someone that could offer you a nanny share in Guildford and we have several nannies available depending on you as a family would depend on who we would think would fit your chemistry just right. You could also consider a full day placement but have a mixture of nanny and housekeeper role to fill any gaps between pick up and drop off etc. You will be amazed at the amount of extra jobs you can get done with this support.

If you need to just chat or have any questions then feel free to call 07966495438
kerry

littlelambsdaycarechildminder Wed 19-Feb-14 15:51:27

Hi, Just as an idea.. if you haven't already sorted childcare, you will be looking at around 3.75 - £5 per hour, then some childminders offer discounts others don't, they vary so much.

My personal amount would be £5 per hour inclusive of meals, then £4.50 for sibling.
All childminders do vary as we run our business differently.

Good luck in your search

KingKatharine Wed 19-Mar-14 09:46:47

Hi. Did you get your childcare sorted successfully back in October? We are also moving to Guildford in May and looking for another family with whom we could do a nannyshare as we only need childcare 4 days a week. Our daughter has just turned 3 and will be attending the Montessori nursery 2 afternoons a week. How did you get on with finding a share? We've found lots of nannies who are interested in the job but it's hard to know how to find a family to share with when new to the area. Any advice? Would you consider a new arrangement even?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now