Local Talk

Pre schools & schools in Horsley area

(9 Posts)
Bumpy511 Tue 01-Oct-13 11:28:46

Hi, looking to move to West Horsley in January 2014and would love personal recommendations for local nurseries / pre schools plus schools. And the ones to avoid...! DS will be 4 in January and currently attends a Montessori pre school.

Thanks in advance

AddictedToPropertyApps Wed 02-Oct-13 15:16:10

Bright Stars at Cranmore is absolutely wonderful and gorgeous in every way. Co-ed from 2 1/2 and can do term time or year round if you need day care. Facilities, food and teachers are brill.

holidaysrcoming Wed 02-Oct-13 21:01:48

there are two montessori nurseries - footprints and martyrs green, both well regarded. There is are also nurseries at Glenesk and Ripley Court schools, the Raleigh nursery. Never heard of any 'avoids'.

I would choose depending on where you are applying for primary - state/ind and/or if you are working as some have extended hours others not. And £££!

I know some are quite oversubcribed so you may want to apply now.

Ind schools -Glenesk, Ripley Court ( both coed) or boys only - Cranmore or further afield Lanesborough, Downsend.
State - Raleigh

Good luck!

Bumpy511 Thu 03-Oct-13 13:19:40

Thanks everyone, couple of new names for me to look in to. School viewings start tomorrow and yep have already discounted a few pre schools due to no space. sad

Bumpy511 Mon 07-Oct-13 16:48:52

Is anyone currently at St Lawrence Primary, Effingham or know anything about it? Thanks

holidaysrcoming Tue 08-Oct-13 10:13:31

I know parents with children there, they are happy. I have heard comments that they do not think the ofsted report (not sure how recent) reflects the atmosphere in the school. I know in the past some have been concerned about number of traveller children in the school - not sure this is still the case and personally don't see why this is an issue, but that's Surrey for you !

The more popular choices are the Raleigh in W Horsley and Eastwick in bookham for inf/junior or St Matthews Downside and Polesden Lacey Bookham for infants only.

Bumpy511 Tue 22-Oct-13 17:39:01

Thanks holidaysrcoming. St Matthews was mentioned to us very recently so will check that one out too

pollmeister Thu 28-Nov-13 16:42:12

Hi Ive already put on your other thread about St Lawrence where my daughter goes - she loves it. Im very happy with it. There are a few traveller kids there but you hardly notice them (there is a permanent 'traveller' site not that far away). The school understand there are some kids there who arent as 'bright' as others and work with this in mind.

pollmeister Thu 28-Nov-13 16:43:07

Doh......when I say 'hardly notice them' - I mean you wouldnt know they were travellers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now