Local Talk

Watercolour Development / Redhill, Merstham

(6 Posts)
pinkpenguins Mon 02-Dec-13 21:21:12

Can anyone tell me about their experience of living here?

Considering moving there but needs to be family friendly, safe and have a good sense of community - interested on hearing any perspectives to help us make up our mind.

And also what schools you are using!

Thanks in advance for any help.

bookluva Tue 03-Dec-13 18:33:53

Don't live there but I go to the doctors' surgery there. The Tesco is quite handy too. I remember the estate hitting the local news because it is near a landfill site - you might want to check if current residents are affected by this. Oxsted school and Warwick school are the nearest secondaries.

pinkpenguins Fri 13-Dec-13 21:56:12

Thanks for the reply. Bumping in case of any more.

Gellybeans1 Sun 29-Dec-13 11:39:43

I've lived here going on three months now, seems to be very tranquil and quiet. Many kids running around. Don't notice the landfill much, only since winter as the leaves have fallen from surrounding trees.

NikkiSurrey Thu 09-Jan-14 19:38:17

I also go to the GP surgery there. It's OK, but it's a bit out of the way - not really within easy walking distance of Redhill. Not sure about community - seems to me like the sort of place people would commute from?
A friend of my son's lives there and goes to school in Reigate. Apparently there is a convenient bus service!

confettiwoman Tue 21-Jan-14 20:41:06

I live down the road in the 'St Annes' area (its in theory the 'otherside' of Park 25 from Watercolour) which is closer to the station/sorting office.
Good things about Watercolour: tranquil and local amenities (shop, docs surgery)
Bad things about Watercolour: its a rat run up to the A25 for most of Merstham, it floods, it gets very congested in rush hour or weekends, very little parking for your property.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now