Local Talk

Commuting from farnham (upper hale) - which station?

(3 Posts)
Superking Fri 17-Jan-14 15:37:31

We are thinking of making an offer on a house in upper hale in farnham but are trying to work out how to make the commute for my husband as short as possible. He will be travelling into Waterloo, leaving fairly early (would want to arrive in Waterloo by 8 at the latest) and we had thought that Aldershot station was probably his best bet. However, I am now wondering if he would be better off travelling to Farnborough as although it's further away it looks like it might be a pretty clear run down the A road and the station is not in the middle of town like Aldershot.

Any advice would be very gratefully received, thanks.

suitcaseofdreams Mon 20-Jan-14 12:27:35

Farnborough is on fast line to Waterloo so most trains are direct or one stop only. Takes 35 mins. Aldershot is on slow line and trains take more like 1hr and there are less of them.

I've not tried Aldershot - I go from Farnborough - I don't live in Upper Hale but that's where my childminder is so I drop the boys there and then head to the station (so I am going later, leaving Farnborough around 8.15am)
Drive from Upper Hale to Farnborough is quick/short and at that time in the morning you would have no trouble with either traffic or parking at the station

Superking Mon 20-Jan-14 20:32:57

Thanks v much, that is really helpful. Made a offer on the house today so fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now