Local Talk

Moving to Windlesham - schools advice please!

(4 Posts)
natasha3005 Mon 10-Feb-14 13:52:05

We are moving from London to Windlesham next year and need some advice on schools please.
Our son will be due to start in Year 3 and my daughter will be due to start in Reception.
I have heard fantastic things about Windlesham Infant School which sounds perfect for my daughter but can't seem to find much info on Junior schools. Ideally I would like both kids to attend the same school. Is there a good Junior school in the area? Does Windlesham Infants feed into a Junior school?
Unfortunately we are not in a position to send them to private school so any thoughts on local state secondary schools would be greatly appreciated too. We seem to be equidistant from Gordons and Charters which both sound amazing but I have no idea about catchment areas for schools in this area.
Thanks for your help!

Hillary25 Mon 10-Feb-14 22:33:32

You won't get into charters from windlesham. You'd have to live in Sunningdale or ascot.

The "catchment" for Gordon's is tiny and I wouldn't have thought that windlesham is close enough.

natasha3005 Tue 11-Feb-14 12:53:55

Oh dear :-( Do you know of any other good schools in the area (primary and secondary)?

UpNorthInSurrey Sat 03-May-14 12:11:05

My daughter is in WVIS and it is lovely. It doesn't have an automatic feeder at the moment.
The children move to a mix of private and state Year 3. Local junior schools are Hammond in Lightwater, Connaught in Bagshot, Ravenscote in Frimley (Lightwater side of Frimley though). I don't know about the Ascot side junior schools as I don't live that way.
High schools would be Collingwood in Camberley, Tomlinscote in Frimley, or towards Woking (think it is Winston Churchill?).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now