Local Talk

Advise please Guildford mummies.

(2 Posts)
Surreymummy84 Thu 31-Jul-14 23:32:33

Hi everyone,

This is my first post so sorry if it's in the wrong section. I'm turning to you all for some much needed advise. Without boring you too much, in a nutshell I am unhappy with my daughters school and I'm thinking of moving her but it needs to be the right thing to do and I need advise on the school we have looked at (holy trinity)

We are currently in a local private school and have been pushed for the last year to take my daughter to the doctors to have her diagnosed with ADHD! I do not believe she has this, I am aware she is active and concentration is not her strength, but I strongly disagree with the school and feel she's been written off. We pay a lot of money to have her in the school and feel a bit let down.

This summer I decided to find a private tutor to work with my daughter, I found one which had a long background working with children with ADHD.
I did not tell the tutor what the school have suggested as I wanted her to give me an unbiased response. After she had worked with her for an hour I explained the situation, she was horrified that the school had suggested this and said that a child with ADHD is physically unable to sit for one full hour and produce the amount of good work that she had. She is 100% sure she is just an active little girl that prefers fun to work!

So this brings me to my dilemma. I have looked at local state schools and it really like the look of holy trinity. I've been on the waiting list of another school before so I know that if I persevere then I will eventually get offered a space. I wanted to see if there were any mums on here that have children there. What their views are on the school and the teaching methods? Also would love to hear from any mums that have been in a simular situation re: ADHD diagnosis.

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread. Looking forward to hearing from other mums.
P.s my daughter is nearly 7yrs old and is going into yr 3 in sept.

kingstoncherry Mon 08-Sep-14 22:23:23

Hello, sorry you've not had a response yet confused

We've shared your post on our FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/MumsnetSurrey

due to be broadcast during the evening 10/9

Hopefully you'll see some feedback shortly, what a nightmare for you

Local Editor

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now